By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cross-play on PlayStation 4 is now available for all developers to use in their games

think-man said:
I hope you can turn the feature off, i don't want to cross play in shooters, pc would have too much of an advantage. Not only that PC games are usually prone to cheaters. Take Apex Legends for example, free to play game, if you get banned for cheating you just make another account and continue cheating. I don't want that to happen when I'm playing, it's enough to put me off entirely and just go back to single player games.

I topped playing multiplayer games on PC after player owned servers stopped being the norm. Cheating was always an issue but once we lost the ability to have live admins to ban players on the spot I couldn't stand it.

Also besides the cheating issue PC players will always have other advantages such as m/kb > controller in most multiplayer games and higher frame rates/response times. Of course there are varying levels of performance, optimization and polish between the console versions as well. How much of an issue will that become during cross-play?

I think that the majority players will self-segregate to their chosen platforms and this whole controversy is driven by a minority of players and the 'losing' console manufacturers. The ONLY legit criticism has been not being able to take your stats, progress and unlocks/purchases from platform to platform.  

Around the Network

Can't wait to find out about the strings that are attached to the feature.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Can't wait to find out about the strings that are attached to the feature.

Having an active psn+ sub

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Not being able to play online with people on another system has been industry standard since the days of the Dreamcast. People that complain about lack of crossplay in a game are the same people that think console exclusives are evil. They are the same people that desperately want Stadia to take off.

What the hell does Stadia succeeding have to do with people complaining about the lack of cross play????? lol! I don't think exclusives are evil, I don't care about Stadia. I complained about the lack of cross play in the case of Fortnite. I seriously can't understand how these things are related in the slightest.

RedKingXIII said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Not being able to play online with people on another system has been industry standard since the days of the Dreamcast. People that complain about lack of crossplay in a game are the same people that think console exclusives are evil. They are the same people that desperately want Stadia to take off.

What the hell does Stadia succeeding have to do with people complaining about the lack of cross play????? lol! I don't think exclusives are evil, I don't care about Stadia. I complained about the lack of cross play in the case of Fortnite. I seriously can't understand how these things are related in the slightest.

Its a way to make a point seem legit, and hoping to get people riled up over it

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

You don't need to the excited when something doesn't excite you. Example, I don't like or play online, why should I show enthusiasm for an online feature being announced?

But there is a diffence between not caring or downplaying

He was complaining about people being indiferent as a way to be anti-Xbox. And since there is a difference between not caring and downplaying he was then wrong.

LudicrousSpeed said:
It was account hijacking in the case of Fortnite. You could have 1000 hours on the Xbone version and log into the account on a PS4 one time for some skin and the account would then be locked to PS4.

You can be indifferent to crossplay, that’s fine, but it’s bizarre to see so much negativity and downplaying of it, as if it affects anyone who doesn’t care to utilize it. All it does is make games better. Sure you don’t need crossplay in Fortnite but I loaded up Battleborn on PS4 and XBone last night and couldn’t find a match in either game. Now imagine the player base put together and matches are possible. This is bad? lol

Well then the reports I saw was wrong, as the way they put accounts created on PS4 couldn't be transferred, but you also couldn't use account created outside. If logging in an account created outside of PS4 already locked it in and didn't even had a big warning that is hijack and should be sued.

If you have loaded Battleborn on PS4 and X1 and none had a match you probably wouldn't have a match even with crossplay.

padib said:
I don't understand how this can be a bad thing. Even if you don't care about it, it is still strange to express some form of unhappiness about this.

Haven't seem a single person saying it is bad, have I missed it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

But there is a diffence between not caring or downplaying

He was complaining about people being indiferent as a way to be anti-Xbox. And since there is a difference between not caring and downplaying he was then wrong.

LudicrousSpeed said:
It was account hijacking in the case of Fortnite. You could have 1000 hours on the Xbone version and log into the account on a PS4 one time for some skin and the account would then be locked to PS4.

You can be indifferent to crossplay, that’s fine, but it’s bizarre to see so much negativity and downplaying of it, as if it affects anyone who doesn’t care to utilize it. All it does is make games better. Sure you don’t need crossplay in Fortnite but I loaded up Battleborn on PS4 and XBone last night and couldn’t find a match in either game. Now imagine the player base put together and matches are possible. This is bad? lol

Well then the reports I saw was wrong, as the way they put accounts created on PS4 couldn't be transferred, but you also couldn't use account created outside. If logging in an account created outside of PS4 already locked it in and didn't even had a big warning that is hijack and should be sued.

If you have loaded Battleborn on PS4 and X1 and none had a match you probably wouldn't have a match even with crossplay.

padib said:
I don't understand how this can be a bad thing. Even if you don't care about it, it is still strange to express some form of unhappiness about this.

Yup.

Seems like PS fans being indifferent comes across as "downplay." The third post in this thread claims Sony fans think the implementation of cross play is bad when this thread barely had a consensus. Where exactly is all the outrage in this thread? I've seen a couple at most and they can be interpreted as indifferent like the majority of Sony fans posting in here. 

I guess because people can't harp on the lack of cross - play, and whats likely to be a backwards compatibility PS5, we're going to hear a lot more about Sony's "censorship" impacting less than 1% of games. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 04 October 2019

PotentHerbs said:
DonFerrari said:

Yup. Seems like PS fans being indifferent comes across as "downplay." It took less than 5 posts in this thread for someone to claim Sony fans are outraged when this thread barely had a consensus. 

I guess because people can't harp on the lack of cross - play, and whats likely to be a backwards compatibility PS5, we're going to hear a lot more about Sony's "censorship" impacting less than 1% of games. 

I dunno seeing as cerebrals post has 5 votes and started that shitshow id say you are wrong

kirby007 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Yup. Seems like PS fans being indifferent comes across as "downplay." It took less than 5 posts in this thread for someone to claim Sony fans are outraged when this thread barely had a consensus. 

I dunno seeing as cerebrals post has 5 votes and started that shitshow id say you are wrong

Ironically, Cerebrals post came after the post I was referencing, which already made a consensus about how Sony fans felt about cross play being implemented, with hardly any opinions posted on this thread. 

The amount of likes were accumulated over the course of a day, and there are certainly more people feeling indifferent about it, rather than straight downplaying, based on the actual opinions posted.

Edit: Also, many posts coming from Sony fans that were indifferent about cross play, had a similar level/ greater amount of likes compared to Cerebral's post.

kirby007 said:
PotentHerbs said:

That's a secret ballot though. For all you know, Azzanation gave that 5 upvotes using 4 alt accounts. Pure conjecture.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."