By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII new TGS trailer

Decker said:

Its Hundred Gunner from the Elevator Fight

Yes of course, Red is in that fight. :)

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Hiku said: I wasn't thinking about the Air Buster. The image I had in my mind when I saw the drill wheels in this new trailer, is a robot using drill wheels on a wall (or maybe it was a shaft), to move upwards. But I can't find the trailer where I supposedly saw that, so I'm not sure if it was a FF7 trailer. Perhaps it was some other game that I mixed up with FF7. Or maybe I'm imagining it. But it's bugging me, so I'm gonna try to find it. lol

Hmmm the only one that comes to mind is from the PSX 2015 trailer where it shows the guard scorpion's feet as its running along the wall and ceiling. 

Those graphics are insane, and I take it the rest of the episodes will be for the PS5, imagine the graphics there..

There is 40 boss fights in FF7, including the optional ones.

So yeah the Remake is going to be HUGE.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 11 September 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I hardly ever like trailers, so this doesn't really get me hyped but it does confirm what I expected, that they'd have to add summons into the Midgar section, I wasn't sure if we'd see that before or after the Nanaki reveal. Seeing as it's still a long way until release there are some pretty obvious big reveals left for major gaming events. Nanaki is one of them, but there is a possibility that some later characters will have a new role in this first chapter. The last thing I half expect is for them to show us going outside Midgar in a limited capacity, and obviously they will need to show us a little bit more of what we'll be doing in the new areas of Midgar.

I'm excited to play this and know what time off work I want to take, but I always get more out of a gameplay showcase, trailers are just trash.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

It's been over 20 years since FF7 was released. You can bet the development team thought of a lot of things they wished they had thought of when they first made it. On top of the things they did think of, but couldn't implement the first time around.
And even things they come up with now during development isn't necessarily filler. In fact, it's likely they may not even be able to fit all the good ideas they have into the game, again.

I'm not denying that cut content couldn't be included but many people use the 'they wanted to do more' as an excuse to make a 3 part series of games for what we've played as one before. Does cut content and new ideas for Midgar extend it from 4-5 hours to 40? Midgar is the setup to FF7's main story, its not a story in itself. My fear is because they are making a 3 part thing, we will be charged for filler content and pointless extra story that doesn't mean anything because it's not FF7s story. How much extra stuff will they add/change? Will we end up with a Star Wars issue where the original maker goes back and adds pointless stuff because they couldn't do it originally.

I obviously still hate 3 part episodes of a game we all love not only because it feels they are milking us but because of how progression will work, how each iteration will go into the next, stuff like that. I mean how long do we have to wait for Cait Sith? Cid?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Hiku said:

I mean, I don't fully believe the 'wanted to fit a lot of things' else they would have made FF7 3 games originally. I think FF7 was made to exactly what the originally wanted. Like do they claim that about FF6? FF6 by many fans is well considered the better game and story but the developers of it never talk about it being incomplete.

That said, yeah, I expect a lot of filler. As long as it isn't just 'hunts' FF13 and 12 were filled with that.

Well, of course, when content is good enough, neither fans nor developers are going to claim they are having enough of it. Good books, series or movies merit sequels. Bad ones get edited and trimmed down to more palatable sizes, or have sudden endings slapped to them. A lot of folks moan and say, artistic vision this and that... but in fact most of people involved in these areas just want to be good and entertaining storytellers.

Also, despite the rampant internet narrative, games like FFVI or FFIX have never sold gangbusters, nor were seen as particularly rising above the tide of other similarly good RPGs. In fact, specially concerning FFVI, I've found no evidence in old magazine scans, sites etc. that this narrative is any older than the early to mid 2000s when some criticism was being leveled at the FF formula after the release of FFX and FFXI and these past titles were oportunistically "rediscovered".

No other FF game but VII has the cultural impact to ever merit this sort of expansion.

Looks wonderful. PS4-Power again!!! With Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Spiderman and Death Stranding the best Graphic !! Characters looks fantastic, many new sidequests and minigames for the FF7-Players, awesome!

twintail said:
Hiku said:

Yeah, I've been considering that Vincent or Yuffie may show up in Midgar. Even more so now that President Shinra mentioned Wutai in the trailer.

I've also considered the possibility of Crisis Core elements being incorporated into Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Not necessarily Part 1 though.
But I can see some of the Zack stuff from CC appearing as flashbacks in the Remake. Both for Cloud, and Aerith.

Both of them appearing in Midgar makes like zero sense.

Shinra mentioning Wutai does make sense considering the history Shinra and Avalanche have with Wutai. Shinra took the area by force, Avalanche had a base of operations there.

I am not opposed to more of the group appearing but I highly doubt it: this is why characters like Jessie and Biggs are being expanded upon I feel, and I do think they they would not have had enough time to develop the fighting for all the characters by the time this releases

I agree with this, I don't even think we will get Red XIII in the first chapter. Most likely we will get Red and Cat Sith in chapter 2 and Yuffie, Vincent and Cid in either the same chapter or chapter 3. My biggest question is how big these following chapters will be, going by this first chapter we could end up with 5+ games xD