By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New UK GTA ad makes it seem 360-exclusive

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/16/uks-suave-gta-iv-ad-hits-tellies/

So, will we be seeing an American counterpart to this commercial in the next weeks? 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

About time. MS needs to take advantage of their 50 million dollar investment and make a point of differentiating their version from the PS3 version which so many casuals still naturally associate with Sony.

...and then they walk in the store and see that nice ps3 bundle sitting on the shelf. :P

touche

Eh? In the UK most multiplatform adverts I've seen were shown as just for X360, DMC for example, I think I made a post about it somewhere..

Around the Network
halil23 said:
I've never seen a multiplatform game advertise for one Platform, typical of M$.
Microsoft = Anti-competitive company, yet this is on PS3 too!!!

What?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
halil23 said:

What?

Haha that's what I would call owned!

I agree. They really need to hype the exclusive content or else people who sees the nice bundle will get that instead.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

halil23 said:

In the UK, Burnout Paradise as well. Advertised for PS3 only. But loads of 360 games have been advertised for one console only when they are on more.

The ad is good but he question would be as to whether it can move people to think to buy a 360 instead of a PS3 when I'd presume they already have a PS2 and associated the GTA series with Playstation. DLC means nothing to the averages gamers and if it does pull them in when later they fine out you have to pay for it, and pay to even get it then and to connect wirelessly (£55 for the adpator) to your network, that extra £140 (or just £50 if you got the elite) might not be a too bad of an option)

Hmm, pie.

so no mention about the DLC ?

good ad but it will not erase the PS3 version ...

BUT

they underlign their better price and that is a good point.

Time to Work !