By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 7 - PS4 - 2020

Persona 6: yakuza

Around the Network

Honestly, the RPG combat system has gotten me more hyped for a Yakuza game then ever before lol.

tried yakuza 3 and 0, and the combat never clicked for me and so i dropped them, despite really liking the setting

will definitely give this a go as i much prefer turn based combat.

I think most of the response from the "April fools" thread was positive. Here's what I said at the time:

"The over-the-top, and very well done cinematic animations that accompany the fight scenes in Yakuza fit perfectly in a turn based combat system. This looks great! Also the random, hot Japanese woman in the short skirt if my first ever waifu."

I love the series for what it been so far, but am REALLY looking forward to this new take on it, and it looks like my wife is a legit character.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Hiku said:

I just noticed it will be called "Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon" in the west.
For those who don't know, this series is not called Yakuza in Japan, but Ryu Ga Gotoku (Like a Dragon).

Reminds me of Resident Evil 7: Bio Hazard.
Maybe in Japan it will be called Ryu ga Gotoku: Yakuza.

V-r0cK said:
Wow looks really interesting! Man I need to catch up and play the others!!

If you haven't played 0 yet, I recommend that one highly.

Thanks! That's definitely on my list!!  Have you played the Kiwami 1 & 2? If so, is it significantly different than the originals on PS2?

Around the Network

Most interesting Part will be the Combat system, First Time for the series

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:

Thanks! That's definitely on my list!!  Have you played the Kiwami 1 & 2? If so, is it significantly different than the originals on PS2?

Yeah, there are significant changes both to gameplay and story. For example, a certain character in 0 has their story fleshed out more in Kiwami 1, to make more sense after the events of 0. And a new character in 0 is added to Kiwami 2.
For gameplay there's for example the 'Majima everywhere' system. And Kiwami 2 uses the new Yakuza 6 engine, so it looks more impressive.

So, Kiwami 1 uses the old engine? Eeenteresting. I thought both Kiwami's used the new engine.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Hiku said:
COKTOE said:

So, Kiwami 1 uses the old engine? Eeenteresting. I thought both Kiwami's used the new engine.

Yeah, it's because Kiwami 1 released in Japan on January 2016, on both PS3 and PS4. So it used the previous generation engine.
One year later Yakuza 6 released on PS4 only, with the new next gen engine. And a year after that, Kiwami 2 came out.

Thanks for the clarification. In addition to not realizing Kiwami 1 used the old engine, I also didn't know it was released on PS3 in Japan.

PotentHerbs said:
Honestly, the RPG combat system has gotten me more hyped for a Yakuza game then ever before lol.

Games were good before... but I cant help feel the same.

Time for something differnt :)