By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2019: The Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Who do you believe will have a stronger defense in 2020?

Patriots 2 66.67%

Steelers 1 33.33%

Total:3
sethnintendo said:
I picked TB which should have been GB over shitty Giants I believe. The poll had TB instead of GB. So I hope I don't get docked for poll being setup wrong

I think(?) you're...confused on several accounts.

There was an initial mistake on one of the questions, but it was the Packers-Giants game. I accidentally put Carolina in place over the Packers. You (and essentially everyone) picked against the Giants anyway, and the Packers beat the Giants, so that wouldn't affect you.

You picked Tampa Bay against Jacksonville, but that game was A: never listed incorrectly, and B: the Bucs won, so you're...correct regardless.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
sethnintendo said:
I picked TB which should have been GB over shitty Giants I believe. The poll had TB instead of GB. So I hope I don't get docked for poll being setup wrong

I think(?) you're...confused on several accounts.

There was an initial mistake on one of the questions, but it was the Packers-Giants game. I accidentally put Carolina in place over the Packers. You (and essentially everyone) picked against the Giants anyway, and the Packers beat the Giants, so that wouldn't affect you.

You picked Tampa Bay against Jacksonville, but that game was A: never listed incorrectly, and B: the Bucs won, so you're...correct regardless.

Well long as I'm right have no quarries.  There were decent amount of upsets last week so I'll take whatever I can get. Fucking Bengals finally won.  I grew up in Ohio and I never like any of their shit teams.  Bengals were semi decent when they had Boomer...

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 04 December 2019

Week 14 picks

When was the last time an entire division was below .500 through 14 weeks of a season?

Lol cowboys getting their butts kicked by bears. I think I picked the bears.

Around the Network

Wow, the NFC East sucks.

Has a head coach ever been fired from a team who's season is over, just to become head coach of a division leader a week later?

Asking the hard questions here.

Updated standings through this week (with the exception of PP, will get around to that).

Last week sucked.

I can't think of a time a coach has been fired like that, although the NFL is admittedly 100 years old now so there's plenty of room for something crazy to happen. That said...it's really rare (maybe even unheard of) for coaches to be hired from outside a team mid season. They're almost always promoted from within, generally because trying to get a grasp on a playbook in the middle of the year is really challenging.

MTZehvor said:

Updated standings through this week (with the exception of PP, will get around to that).

Last week sucked.

I can't think of a time a coach has been fired like that, although the NFL is admittedly 100 years old now so there's plenty of room for something crazy to happen. That said...it's really rare (maybe even unheard of) for coaches to be hired from outside a team mid season. They're almost always promoted from within, generally because trying to get a grasp on a playbook in the middle of the year is really challenging.

I don't think any outside coach could understand the playbook any worse than the current Cowboys coaches.

Shaunodon said:
MTZehvor said:

Last week sucked.

I don't think any outside coach could understand the playbook any worse than the current Cowboys coaches.

Well, I think Dallas' issue probably lies less with understanding their own playbook and more with just being horrific at gameplanning and making in game adjustments. I'm not sure...what happened, but even by the relatively low standards I think most people have for them, the Cowboys have just been utterly undisciplined on both sides of the ball. Three separate penalties when the Bears were stopped on third down that extended drives is bad enough, but then take into account Dak consistently throwing into double/triple (even quadruple at one point) coverage, defenders not keeping contain, receivers not running the right routes, etc. It just all smacks of a team that whose coach isn't doing what's necessary to prepare them. Add that to Brett Maher being incapable of hitting a field goal all of sudden and, yeah, you've got a disaster on your hands.

And, of course, Jerry Jones will keep Garrett around because Garrett is his little yes man. I almost feel bad for Cowboys fans. Almost. I'd be at least curious to see what Kellen Moore could do as a potential replacement.