By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2019: The Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Who do you believe will have a stronger defense in 2020?

Patriots 2 66.67%

Steelers 1 33.33%

Total:3

Haven't watched a 49ers game in awhile, but it is clear that they would do well once Garoppolo was healthy again. More surprising though is one of the top defenses, still can't believe the Seahawks let Sherman go to the 49ers so easily.

The Browns are a real team, unlike the Dolphins or Jets, but they are still not a very good team.

The Steelers season is quite sad, it seems Tomlin will have his first losing season with a 3rd string QB... You can't really prepare for that, aside from hiring an immortal QB like Brady.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
MTZehvor said:
Another week, another Patriots missed extra point. Hoo boy. Dorsett's injured now, too. Getting some major 2015 flashbacks.

Despite that, good to see the team get its shit together in the second half. Hopefully the Bills game just rattled them for a bit and they'll be good to go for now.

A second team o-line that couldn't block high-schoolers, running game struggling for most of the season and the entire first half (markedly better in the second though), receivers almost never open or just plain dropping balls, spending two weeks focused on integrating a player just to cut him before a game, kickers missing an xp in every single game...

Can't wait for the takes all week about how game-manager Brady is the one thing holding this team back.

I know I called this, but my word, it's still shocking when you see the level of stupidity in real-time:

Here's their Mahomes/Chiefs take from their 13-19 loss at home to the Colts:

Shaunodon said:
Shaunodon said:

A second team o-line that couldn't block high-schoolers, running game struggling for most of the season and the entire first half (markedly better in the second though), receivers almost never open or just plain dropping balls, spending two weeks focused on integrating a player just to cut him before a game, kickers missing an xp in every single game...

Can't wait for the takes all week about how game-manager Brady is the one thing holding this team back.

I know I called this, but my word, it's still shocking when you see the level of stupidity in real-time:

Here's their Mahomes/Chiefs take from their 13-19 loss at home to the Colts:

Don't take those things seriously. They're all just clickbait videos for attention. The crazier the opinion you put out, the more clicks you get.

MTZehvor said:
Shaunodon said

Don't take those things seriously. They're all just clickbait videos for attention. The crazier the opinion you put out, the more clicks you get.

You're right. I feel bad for spreading it now.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Mayfield sucks.

As much as I want to blame him alone, it's not all his fault. That offensive line for the Browns is fucking terrible. As one analyst said it "Mayfield is seeing ghosts!" He's running for his life most games because of how badly the front line let's him down.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Vegas has Rams beating 49ers this week. I can't see that happening. Rams almost lost to the Browns. A few weeks ago, I honestly thought the Rams were a legit elite team.

I have a good feel for what these teams are now. I'm a believer in the 49ers. They are an incredible team and I think they will make a run for the super bowl. I watched them first hand beat the shit out of my Browns. I give them so much props of how complete they are. Browns on the other hand are too inconsistent. The good news is they are looking for new players -as we speak- for the O-line, and honestly, if they can fix their offensive line, Baker won't look like a scrambling high school fool anymore.

I say this with full confidence, the ravens defense will lose them many games. And even if they do take the division from the Browns, they won't win the first round playoff game. Their defense has bigger issues than Browns offense. Pittsburgh are a tragedy at this point.

The hardest choice for me this week was the Redskins vs Miami. Holy hell my head. I keep on dissing the Saints and Packers, but I think I can finally trust they know how to win. I've heavily chose against them up until this point.

I also believe Denver will get their first win this week. (Edit* nvm, forgot they have a single win already)

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

Vegas has Rams beating 49ers this week. I can't see that happening. Rams almost lost to the Browns. A few weeks ago, I honestly thought the Rams were a legit elite team.

I have a good feel for what these teams are now. I'm a believer in the 49ers. They are an incredible team and I think they will make a run for the super bowl. I watched them first hand beat the shit out of my Browns. I give them so much props of how complete they are. Browns on the other hand are too inconsistent. The good news is they are looking for new players -as we speak- for the O-line, and honestly, if they can fix their offensive line, Baker won't look like a scrambling high school fool anymore.

I say this with full confidence, the ravens defense will lose them many games. And even if they do take the division from the Browns, they won't win the first round playoff game. Their defense has bigger issues than Browns offense. Pittsburgh are a tragedy at this point.

The hardest choice for me this week was the Redskins vs Miami. Holy hell my head. I keep on dissing the Saints and Packers, but I think I can finally trust they know how to win. I've heavily chose against them up until this point.

I also believe Denver will get their first win this week. (Edit* nvm, forgot they have a single win already)

The Rams have been a top NFL team for 2 years and the 49ers have been a top team for 4 games. Probably not best to judge them based on two games against the wildly inconsistent Browns, especially early season games.
I thought that MNF game would be a good tester for the 49ers, but because it was practically over so early I feel like it just made them look much better than they probably are. Have to say this Rams game will be the real tester for them now.

^
I had the same exact mindset about the 49ers going into last week. Watching highlights doesn't do them justice. I watched both the 49ers and Rams play a full game, and I have to say 49ers are playing better football. Just watch that game and you'll see what I mean. Their defense is in sync. They are going to stomp the Rams. The Rams are nothing like last year.

hatmoza said:
^
I had the same exact mindset about the 49ers going into last week. Watching highlights doesn't do them justice. I watched both the 49ers and Rams play a full game, and I have to say 49ers are playing better football. Just watch that game and you'll see what I mean. Their defense is in sync. They are going to stomp the Rams. The Rams are nothing like last year.

I did watch the game. It was my most anticipated game for last week, but it was such a blowout that I spent more time flicking back to the Game 4 Dodgers v Nats (where Scherzer pitched a dominate innings, including a big save in the 7th).

Most of the game was Bosa running through the O-line, and the 49er's backs running through the D-line, all with ease. Neither of the Brown's lines stoop up at all.
And Browns being Browns, they capped it off by throwing out OBJ for a punt return just for him to have one last embarrassing moment, and I could already see the impending trade request in his eyes. They obviously never saw the Giants try that last year.
I also got sick of Booger spending the whole game creaming over the fullback; meanwhile constantly giving Jimmy G (who had a solid game) grief, even though his receivers dropped half a dozen easy passes.

All this talk about how much the Browns suck, and I'm sitting here wondering how Pete Caroll and the football gods will conjure up a way for us to lose to them this weekend regardless.