By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spider-Man no longer in the MCU after disagreement between Sony and Disney (UPDATE #2): Sony releases statement

think-man said:
KManX89 said:

Because it worked so well for Spider-Man 3 and both ASM movies.

And both Ghost Rider movies, even though they're not apart of the Spidey universe. They still count because they're Sony (standalone) films.

LOL. 

Wasn't only the first Ghost Rider made by Sony? I can't see any information about them making the 2nd one. 

Nope, it was distributed by Columbia, which is owned by Sony, so still a Sony film.

Around the Network

Spiderman should have been a public domain character by now but Disney lobbied against it

I'm just so sure this thing is on disney haha

Bofferbrauer2 said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Not gonna lie, I don't care whose fault it is, I just want to see all Marvel properties and IPs controlled by one corporate entity. Doesn't have to be Disney, but if they can get it done, fine. Tired of seeing Spiderman separated from the rest like this. Better yet, actually, if I had a magic wand, I'd put all Marvel IPs into the public domain. Then I could actually enjoy every company's attempt at a cinematic universe, all in one lifetime.

Same here. Also, not just Spiderman, but to a lesser degree also the Hulk (Disney doesn't own the publishing rights of Hulk movies, hence why there's only one in the MCU)

And like I said in a previous post, I think Disney has gotten too big and needs to be cut down to size, preferably by making Marvel, including Marvel studios and all IP and ongoing contracts, it's own entity again, completely separate from Disney.

I agree, Disney is too big. Ignoring the magic wand and focusing on something more realistic, Marvel is very successful, so a fair breakup of Disney into Disney and Marvel, giving Marvel all the rights to Marvel properties that Disney currently owns, and all the value generated by those properties, would give them plenty head start to acquire the rest of their missing properties. Then they could just partner with Disney, Sony, or whoever else as necessary to make the movies, with them owning the IPs and licensing them to whoever is making the movie for them, under their direction.

I am looking forward to see the tweet from White House.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

Disney has lauched a bot army to attack Sony tonight using #SaveSpiderman Tons of identical tweets coming from crooked "Disney Ops"

Now #SaveSpidermanFromSony is trending and the "Sony attack tweets" are getting 5k-20k likes in the last 3-6 hours. Disney's pulling ops to place social media pressure on Sony to fold. Walt Disney would fire crooked Bob Iger on the spot if he was still around today.

After Amazon (who's twitter army was rather weak) Disney's army is doing much better. 

Gross. Not surprising though. I just saw Jeremy Renner, the one true Bourne, weigh in on the situation. Seems to think this 100% on Sony.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/avengers-jeremy-renner-spider-man-sony-disney-marvel

He's either schilling for his overlords, or an idiot.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
konnichiwa said:

Disney has lauched a bot army to attack Sony tonight using #SaveSpiderman Tons of identical tweets coming from crooked "Disney Ops"

Now #SaveSpidermanFromSony is trending and the "Sony attack tweets" are getting 5k-20k likes in the last 3-6 hours. Disney's pulling ops to place social media pressure on Sony to fold. Walt Disney would fire crooked Bob Iger on the spot if he was still around today.

After Amazon (who's twitter army was rather weak) Disney's army is doing much better. 

Gross. Not surprising though. I just saw Jeremy Renner, the one true Bourne, weigh in on the situation. Seems to think this 100% on Sony.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/avengers-jeremy-renner-spider-man-sony-disney-marvel

Why not both? Usually I don't regard actors as genius.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

Why not both? Usually I don't regard actors as genius.

Ha. Could be. I really don't know much about the guy, but was unimpressed with his take on this situation to say the least.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
konnichiwa said:

All he said was "

renner4real

Verified

Hey @sonypictures we want Spider-Man back to @therealstanlee and @Marvel please, thank you #congrats #spidermanrocks #🏹 #please"

All the other quotes in the linked article seem to be from other people not to mention I'm sure his publicist has someone hired to run that twitter account...

The_Yoda said:
COKTOE said:

All he said was "

renner4real

Verified

Hey @sonypictures we want Spider-Man back to @therealstanlee and @Marvel please, thank you #congrats #spidermanrocks #🏹 #please"

All the other quotes in the linked article seem to be from other people not to mention I'm sure his publicist has someone hired to run that twitter account...

I'm not sure what you're seeing that I'm not. The article headline: Avengers star Jeremy Renner slams Sony over fued with Disney, Marvel, may be overstating the matter, but it's not inaccurate in presenting his take as to to who's at fault. He puts the onus for Spider-Man's exit from the MCU squarely on Sony. And whether or not it's him or his publicist is irrelavant. The name of his Twitter account is renner4real. If he can't back up what he says on twitter because his gacked-up publicist wrote it, he should change his name to something more ambiguous. Too bad punctuation isn't allowed in handles. renner4real? would fit the bill.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 22 August 2019