By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [UPDATE] [EPIC] Rocket League will remove gambling from the game later this year

OTBWY said:
vivster said:

Maybe one day it'll be superior because it has no gambling while steam still does.

But I agree, it is pretty shitty to lock games behind a terrible platform.

Indeed, the Epic store is terrible. Glad you agree.

However, it's good that as you mentioned in your first sentence that one day it might be better. In that sense, competition is what will better the services. As such, exclusive content is what the business must have to grow and pull in users to actually use it in the first place. So in a way, you should support that while wanting a better platform since you agree that the Epic store is terrible.

Exclusives are easier to stomach if the platform is only software based instead of forcing arbitrary hardware requirements. Can't wait to enjoy Borderlands 3 by having virtually zero impact on how I want to play a game. I like platforms that have zero impact on my enjoyment and allow me to play my games how I want.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
OTBWY said:

Indeed, the Epic store is terrible. Glad you agree.

However, it's good that as you mentioned in your first sentence that one day it might be better. In that sense, competition is what will better the services. As such, exclusive content is what the business must have to grow and pull in users to actually use it in the first place. So in a way, you should support that while wanting a better platform since you agree that the Epic store is terrible.

Exclusives are easier to stomach if the platform is only software based instead of forcing arbitrary hardware requirements. Can't wait to enjoy Borderlands 3 by having virtually zero impact on how I want to play a game. I like platforms that have zero impact on my enjoyment and allow me to play my games how I want.

And exclusives are also nice when they are saved from oblivion by those said platforms. Be it a game for a 300 euro console or a game for a 2000+ euro PC. It's good to invest in ecosystems like that. In that sense, I totally approve of this approach. However, I like platforms too that allow me to play anytime, anywhere. As long as there are more than enough games to play.

OTBWY said:
vivster said:

And exclusives are also nice when they are saved from oblivion by those said platforms. Be it a game for a 300 euro console or a game for a 2000+ euro PC. It's good to invest in ecosystems like that. In that sense, I totally approve of this approach. However, I like platforms too that allow me to play anytime, anywhere. As long as there are more than enough games to play.

Good for you then. I prefer freedom of hardware choice over portability. I mean I have a phone that lets me play anytime and anywhere. It even runs emulators for more restricted platforms, it's great! It's pretty neat to be able to run software on hardware I already own.

Oh, and I also prefer dead games over mangled exclusive games.

Last edited by vivster - on 07 August 2019

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You mean you can now buy something you want for £5 of spending £50 hoping you might get the one thing you want?

Who knew that was a better system.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

vivster said:
OTBWY said:

Good for you then. I prefer freedom of hardware choice over portability. I mean I have a phone that lets me play anytime and anywhere. It even runs emulators for more restricted platforms, it's great! It's pretty neat to be able to run software on hardware I already own.

Oh, and I also prefer dead games over mangled exclusive games.

I'd rather like the freedom of a platform that let's me play not just outside, but also on the TV. And, of course having a good selection of exclusive games from a company that has delivered some of the best games ever on a consistent basis. 

Also, I agree. Mangled exclusive games should stay away and not exist at all. Only good exclusive games that are reviewed well should exist, like ones that score 91 to 92 and above. Widely loved by its fanbase and the general public too.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

Only good exclusive games that are reviewed well should exist, like ones that score 91 to 92 and above. Widely loved by its fanbase and the general public too.

Wow, you just said the vast majority of Nintendo's games shouldn't even exist. No need to be so harsh on them. I know you're more of a PlayStation fan but damn. Keep that bias in check.

Fire Emblem deserves to exist!

Barkley said:
OTBWY said:

Only good exclusive games that are reviewed well should exist, like ones that score 91 to 92 and above. Widely loved by its fanbase and the general public too.

Wow, you just said the vast majority of Nintendo's games shouldn't even exist. No need to be so harsh on them. I know you're more of a PlayStation fan but damn. Keep that bias in check.

Fire Emblem deserves to exist!

Context, man.