By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best character this generation

Dulfite said:
Tom Nook. He went from having, practically, indentured servitude with people being in almost inescapable debts and all for small upgrades to a guy that is offering an entire island, which you can customize, and he even let's you have friends/family live on the island with you. You can see the heart change his character has had over the years.

#NotMyNook

Around the Network

2B - Nier: Automata

Makoto Niijima - Persona 5

Ada Wong - REmake 2

Don't know if Ada counts since she's not an original character, but I like her redesign/re imagined version.

Life is Strange-Max Caulfield
Witcher 3-Geralt of Rivia
Hellblade-Senua
Ori and the Blind Forest- Ori
Wolfenstein 1/2- William J. Blazkowics
Tomb Raider-Lara Croft
Watch Dogs 2- Marcus Holloway
Titanfall 2- BT-7274
Red Dead Redemption 2- Author Morgan(you can easily add like half the cast to this list)
Devil May Cry 5-Nero

Barkley said:
Dulfite said:
Tom Nook. He went from having, practically, indentured servitude with people being in almost inescapable debts and all for small upgrades to a guy that is offering an entire island, which you can customize, and he even let's you have friends/family live on the island with you. You can see the heart change his character has had over the years.

#NotMyNook

Haha. Well, maybe we don't know the full story. Maybe he has some evil mastermind plan after all, just waiting to be unfolded?

Ardyn Izunia

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

I would have to say Rex from Xenoblade 2. Him or Zeke also from Xenoblade 2.

alternine said:
Aloy , Kratos, and Geralt for me. I really cared for them and I feel have the best stories in all of gaming.

I'll be picking up Witcher 3 when it comes out on Switch in a few months, will be interesting to see if he makes my list too. I thought he was alright in Witcher 2 but nothing special, though I've heard he is better realized in 3.

Hiku said:

Don't know if Ada counts since she's not an original character, but I like her redesign/re imagined version.

Reinterpretations of old characters are allowed. :)

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.