By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 20 July 2019

After last week adjustments, this week becomes less interesting. Everything very good for NS and PS4, all the others show their age and the current season. 3DS going towards retirement, it wasn't the best selling Ninty portable, even worse considering it competed withb PSV, horribly weaker selling than PSP, but even considering all the negative things, it wasn't a failure, just a little bit disappointing success, that kind of success that lets you thinking "it went well, but it could have been far better".

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Keiji said:
Europe is king.

43 countries + Russia.

43 countries + Russia are kings.

kenjab said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Why the massive boost for ps4 in Europe? Its even outselling the switch there this week.

PS4 has been outselling Switch in Europe all year, in fact it's closer this week than usual. VGC just updated the numbers after the last quarterly report and had been pretty severely underreporting PS4 numbers in Europe this year.

Then explain this to me:

amazon.de: NSW > PS4
amazon.fr: NSW > PS4
amazon.es: NSW > PS4
amazon.it: NSW > PS4
amazon.co.uk: NSW > PS4
amazon.com.tr: PS4 > NSW

In part, the rank of NSW is not just slightly but BY FAR better than of PS4.
...not just today, it was like this the past weeks except during that Prime day on July 15 where PS4 sales shot to sky.

So most certainly in next weeks update NSW should dominate in all regions again.

Saying PS4 has been outselling Switch in Europe all year is completely unrealistic IMO and forced me to create an account here to post this message.

OPi said:
kenjab said:

PS4 has been outselling Switch in Europe all year, in fact it's closer this week than usual. VGC just updated the numbers after the last quarterly report and had been pretty severely underreporting PS4 numbers in Europe this year.

Then explain this to me:

...not just today, it was like this the past weeks except during that Prime day on July 15 where PS4 sales shot to sky.

So most certainly in next weeks update NSW should dominate in all regions again.

Saying PS4 has been outselling Switch in Europe all year is completely unrealistic IMO and forced me to create an account here to post this message.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

OPi said:
kenjab said:

Then explain this to me:

You don't think... people can buy consoles from other vendors than Amazon? No, that can't be it... You must be right!

Around the Network
OPi said:
kenjab said:

Then explain this to me:

Don't be angry against Sonyland like that. Enjoy Switch good sales instead.

1. Amazon is extremely popular in Europe

2. Why should buying patterns be different at other (smaller) stores?

OPi said:

1. Amazon is extremely popular in Europe

2. Why should buying patterns be different at other (smaller) stores?

Amazon doesn't represent the total sales of any piece of hardware or software, so obviously, it cannot be used as absolute measure of sales. I could easily ask as to why buying patterns shouldn't be different, and as they have proven to be just that, such a question is just as valid. It's nothing more than one part of a bigger picture. It's why I first used that old captioned family photo in a post around 18 months ago. As has been proven in the past, Amazon showed one thing, and the total end results showed another.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 02 August 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

OPi said:

Amazon is extremely popular in Europe

As a European citizen, that's news to me. Do you mind sharing your source?

When it comes to buying electronics (physical and online), Europeans usually go to Media Markt, Saturn, Dixons, Darty, Euronics, Argos, etc.

Keiji said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

43 countries + Russia.

43 countries + Russia are kings.

Zars!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.