By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft should put Halo on Switch

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

First parties manufacture hardware. But I wasn't even talking about that, all I meant was that to me "second class citizens" seems to me to imply mistreatment and I just don't see how that's the case for Xbox gamers regarding something like Cuphead or indeed the older Halos coming to Switch.

I updated the post. Mistreatment can also mean neglect or demotion of value as far as consumers are concerned.

LOL...I have cuphead on my switch. I've already gained. I sold my Xbox two years ago, so again....im only speaking on their behalf as the Playstation/ Switch owner. There was no equivalent exchange, my friend. I gained.

Well, like I say, Nintendo invests in plenty of stuff that has no value or benefit to me. I don't gain anything from them putting their IPs on phones or making games like Animal Crossing that I don't care about.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I don't gain anything from them putting their IPs on phones or making games like Animal Crossing that I don't care about.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I updated the post. Mistreatment can also mean neglect or demotion of value as far as consumers are concerned.

LOL...I have cuphead on my switch. I've already gained. I sold my Xbox two years ago, so again....im only speaking on their behalf as the Playstation/ Switch owner. There was no equivalent exchange, my friend. I gained.

Well, like I say, Nintendo invests in plenty of stuff that has no value or benefit to me. I don't gain anything from them putting their IPs on phones or making games like Animal Crossing that I don't care about.

Nintendos ecosystem is for you to use as you see fit. Its for you. The only reason Nintendo puts their IP's on phones is entice them to buy a console. Its like a taste test. LOL Even Reggie Fil Aime said it himself that cellphone games can never replace the true Nintendo experience. This is how a true console brand operates.

Barkley said:
curl-6 said:

I don't gain anything from them putting their IPs on phones or making games like Animal Crossing that I don't care about.

lol

I would personally love Halo on switch. I think its the only franchise where i'd play both the singleplayer and multiplayer and having that on the go is really exciting.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The only reason Nintendo puts their IP's on phones is entice them to buy a console.

That's just not true lol. People who are console gamers like to think that a mobile games only reason for existence is to promote the part of gaming that they actually care about, but it isn't the case.

Pokemon Go made over $2.5 Billion in revenue. If after that Nintendo's motivation for mobile games is just selling their consoles they're blind. They create mobile games to make money. It can have a positive affect on their console business, but if it didn't sell consoles Nintendo would still be releasing games on mobile.

Pokemon Go made as much money as selling 42m copies of a $60 game, no doubt on a lower budget.

Barkley said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The only reason Nintendo puts their IP's on phones is entice them to buy a console.

That's just not true lol. People who are console gamers like to think that a mobile games only reason for existence is to promote the part of gaming that they actually care about, but it isn't the case.

Pokemon Go made over $2.5 Billion in revenue. If after that Nintendo's motivation for mobile games is just selling their consoles they're blind. They create mobile games to make money. It can have a positive affect on their console business, but if it didn't sell consoles Nintendo would still be releasing games on mobile.

Pokemon Go made as much money as selling 42m copies of a $60 game, no doubt on a lower budget.

You're right and I agree with this logic. Im just saying Reggie's point earlier on about getting gamers to graduate from the taste test is the point. Why do you think the Pokemon games play so similar to the cellphone games? :)

Barkley said:
Intrinsic said:

I would kill off the Xbox console, they go all-in into a PC game store and build my services around that. 

That would be abandoning third party and gold membership revenue. With Windows being an open platform it doesn't have as much potential for gaming profits as a closed platform like consoles.

Not if they can get the "Xbox games store" to be is big as steam. MS is dropping the ball here as they did with smartphone OS's.... 

Its a recurring habit of MS as a company, they go in half-cocked on most things. If MS did what they were always supposed to do? Android wouldn't even exist today. If they did what they were supposed to do, Steam wouldn't exist either. Those are two humongous fuckups right there. And the fact that Epic can do what they are doing with their game store currently is proof that there was still a chance for MS to at least right one of those two things.

MS having their own Game store like steam/epic isn't abandoning third party revenues. If anything it secures it. They can even offer third party pubs better deals than steam or epic offers and they have the resources (and means since they own windows) to build out a feature set that neither steam/epic can match. Especially if that feature set includes Game pass/X cloud. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Chazore said:

I would like to know this myself, because by that logic, that would make PC second class citizens as well. 

PC has nothing to do with anything. They only stand to gain because they arent seen as a direct threat to anyone. There is no way they could be second class citizens. Xbox console buyers built the console brand that is now looking beyond them.

Well I wouldn't ever consider them a direct threat, mainly because they make the games, and you cannot control and tame an open platform either. Even if it were a direct threat, it's not something as closed system could wage war against eternally.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

PC has nothing to do with anything. They only stand to gain because they arent seen as a direct threat to anyone. There is no way they could be second class citizens. Xbox console buyers built the console brand that is now looking beyond them.

Well I wouldn't ever consider them a direct threat, mainly because they make the games, and you cannt ctrol and tame an open platform either. Even if it were a direct threat, it's not something as closed system could wage war against eternally.

True. Remember when Xbox tried to put Winodows live on PC and it failed? They cant get people to pay for it on an open platform where people are informed and have all of the rights windows naturally gives on its own. Before Sony, PC was quite distinct. They had the best shooters and other genres all to themselves until the N64 era when doom and Duke Nukem jumped ship.