8-10 millions 4 11.43%

10-12 millions 3 8.57%

12-14 millions 0 0.00%

14-16 millions 1 2.86%

16-18 millions 2 5.71%

more than 18 millions 4 11.43%

Total:35

About three fiddy.

No, I think it's doubtful they will sell much. China has always been a market where they just blatanly copy products and release it as something of their own. Also, people in China will drop a thing very quickly cause of political reasons. If there are problems with Japan in the future, they will most likely do Switch burnings.

Around the Network

Tomorow the financial report si released, 2 days after the press conference...I can't wait to see the mess with the share price for the next 8 days.
I hope I have chosen the right time for a RDV with my bank advisor.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Dude... we really don't care about your bank advisor or your stock purchases.

Seriously.

mZuzek said:

Seriously.

If YOU would not really care, you would do the best thing for it : ignore me.

But your post, I am sorry, I apologize for you if you are frustrated because you are probably not smart or brave enough to play with shares to make money.

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Amnesia said:
mZuzek said:

Seriously.

But your post, I am sorry, I apologize for you if you are frustrated because you are probably not smart or brave enough to play with shares to make money.

No need to get condescending and judge people on the life choices they make. I'm not frustrated over anything right now, certainly not playing with shares lol.

I'm just stating the reality. I'm not lying when I say I don't care about your bank advisor or your stock purchases, but obviously, I do care about being annoyed by your constant posts about it, which is a sentiment many people have expressed, maybe not directly to you. It did get annoying a long time ago.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Amnesia said:

No need to get condescending and judge people on the life choices they make. I'm not frustrated over anything right now, certainly not playing with shares lol.

I'm just stating the reality. I'm not lying when I say I don't care about your bank advisor or your stock purchases, but obviously, I do care about being annoyed by your constant posts about it, which is a sentiment many people have expressed, maybe not directly to you. It did get annoying a long time ago.

Fine ! thanks for the notice, I won't talk about this anymore. This is not topics that we can debate here, there is absolutly no open topic about it. Instead people prefer to bring odd other topics like sex and politics rather than investment in the video games sector.

Amnesia said:
mZuzek said:

Fine ! thanks for the notice, I won't talk about this anymore. This is not topics that we can debate here, there is absolutly no open topic about it. Instead people prefer to bring odd other topics like sex and politics rather than investment in the video games sector.

I mean... I get it. It's a video game sales site, it makes sense you'd wanna talk about that stuff here. I feel kinda bad about saying this because it's like I'm trying to block you out of talking, it's just... every last one of your posts seems to be about this, it makes it seem like it's the only thing you care for in life - which, if true, would be very sad in my opinion. It probably doesn't help that pretty much no one around here is a shareholder on anything, so, yeah, I suppose you are pretty much alone on this.

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

That is some decent reasoning there, but when the Atari launched the US population was closer to 200m.  But the range sounds about right 10m - 30m. 

However another thing I am not sure of is the laws about consoles in China.  I know in some other countries have high tarriffs and such on consoles, and that prevents them from selling too much there.  I don't know if there are Chinese laws that would prevent consoles from becoming popular.

I am not sure tarriffs are that important. Sure, they have in critical price points an influence. But more important is wealth distribution compared to the prices (tarriffs and all included). Mostly it also aren't the tarriffs as much as console (especiall Nintendo ones) aren't launched in all countries, so the ones available are imported that adds heavily to the price. As Switch is launched officially and is also produced in China I don't expect too hefty of price drives here. More importantly the relatively wealthy population of coastal cities cna probably cough up some more money if they want to play the device.

The bigger hindrance in my opinion is the chinese regulation on games. As games there has to fulfill many requirements and have to officially approved (by the way: as this is true for movie and series too this lead to differences in production of korean drama that also targets china, as it must be approved beforehand these series are produced completely beforehand instead of while the show is running). This probably means that the big amount of Indies can't come over (because nobody can handle this much), only selected games of big publishers. If that includes Nintendo evergreens though, I don't worry too much.

Yeah, I don't know how Chinese regulations would affect their ability to play console games.  Although Bofferbrauer2 makes a good point in that Nintendo games are the least likely to get tripped up by any kind of censor.  One possibility is that Nintendo ends up with something of a console monopoly in China, because their games are so squeaky clean.

Does the Nin in Nintendo mean child labor in Chinese or why is it in quotation marks?

Amnesia said:

[...]

So my estimation goes for a good 12 millions for China, which would increase the global shipment from a 120 to 132 millions for me.

[...]

Given the huge Chinese population, it could easily reach 20M lifetime, but to avoid turning the trade balance too much to Japan's favour, Chinese government will have the first 10M NS gamers shot in the head and it will resell their NS to the next 10M.    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!