By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Five of the last six Mcu films have made over 1 billion dollars

mZuzek said:
sub-zero-TM said:
And now that is all over after Endgame and the mediocre mehh and woke era of Marvel is ahead.. no thanks :))

They have peaked and this will never be repeated again.

...and that's fine. The last thing you want for them to be doing after the culmination of a 10 year saga is to try and outdo themselves again with cheap efforts with no build-up. Going back to the smaller stories is the right thing to do, and maybe start building up for something in the future just like the Infinity Saga did. The only other thing they could do is to finish the series, but that was obviously never gonna happen, so, I'm fine with this. It's natural that people will lose interest, and I am a little burned out too, but it's the right thing to do.

As for the money itself, as a GotG fan, I'm quite triggered by the money the likes of Captain Marvel have been making, but, oh well.

Speaking of GotG, I was disappointed that Guardians 3 isn't coming out in phase 4.  I also wanted to see the next Dr. Strange come out sooner, and Black Panther to be in phase 4 as well.  I kind of think they are releasing too many new characters at once.  The next Dr Strange will be 5 years after the first one!  Marvel sequels used to have about a 3 year gap.  All of these new characters mean we have to wait longer to get sequels to the established characters.  In the case of GotG 3, it might have been pushed back because of the James Gunn controversy, but I'm also thinking that all of these new characters have slowed things down too.

Personally, I think there needs to be more of a balance.  Comics, as a medium, is about an ongoing story.  If they do 3 movies in a year, then 1 from a new character and 2 sequels is what I would prefer.  I mean, Guardians and Black Panther are both extremely popular and neither one made it into phase 4.

Around the Network

Shouldn't Dark Phoenix get a dishonorable mention not only did it bomb pretty bad it will easily be one of the worst movies of 2019 and will pretty much make every worst movies of 2019 top ten list no matter of what else will be released by the end of this year.

I have a lot of ground to cover as I never really got too into most superhero films in the first place. I'm told I'd love the 2012 Avengers, maybe I'll give it a look.. I feel old and naive :/

But was just watching a Red Letter Media video and they see this Marvel/DC superhero movie bubble bursting in a big way soon. I'm inclined to agree. You can only create the same story so many times until people get bored. And the market will eventually shift another direction.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

mZuzek said:
Chris Hu said:
Shouldn't Dark Phoenix get a dishonorable mention not only did it bomb pretty bad it will easily be one of the worst movies of 2019 and will pretty much make every worst movies of 2019 top ten list no matter of what else will be released by the end of this year.

No, it shouldn't, because it's not a MCU film.

Its still a Marvel film though.

mZuzek said:
Chris Hu said:

Its still a Marvel film though.

Yeah, but that really doesn't matter. When you look at the current Hollywood landscape, it's clear that general audiences are only going to the theater to watch Disney films - if it's not Disney, chances are it'll flop. A lot of movies this year have performed below expectations, and it's because at the moment nothing is getting through the Disney dominance.

Well Disney is dominating the global top ten but considering their production budgets Us, Glass, Rocketman, Escape Room and Pet Sematary did extremely well.