By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Upgraded Switch model announced: Same price, battery life of 4.5 to 9 hours - Launches in August (Americas, Japan) and September (Others)

There it is, and apparently they updated the nand memory so hopefully it will be 64gb or more.

Around the Network

Just better battery life? No need for me to upgrade then.

Why wasnt this used for the Switch Lite? seriously....

JRPGfan said:

I'm pretty sure it was. The Switch Lite just has a smaller battery.

Barkley said:
JRPGfan said:

I'm pretty sure it was. The Switch Lite just has a smaller battery.

RolStoppable said:
JRPGfan said:

What do you mean?

The chipset is the same for both SKUs, but a bigger console can house a bigger battery. Same reason why the XL model of the 3DS had longer battery life than the standard size of the 3DS.

Oh I assumed both where useing same size battery....

Its just odd that the normal Switch version will have better battery life, than a unit thats main and only purpose is to be used as a handheld.

Around the Network

God damn, that's a massive difference in battery life.

Both the enhanced version of the original Switch and the Switch Lite use the Mariko version of the Tegra X1 chip, right? Anyway, that's a significant increase in battery life for the enhanced version of the former. :)

And with that, I believe even more so that there will be no actual Switch Proanf we will likely see a BC Switch 2 in 2022.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Ah so it is a Switch Pro. I'm so happy that this Switch Pro is launching too, I kinda want more life out of my Switch when playing undocked, so the Switch Pro is excellent. 4.5 to 9 hours on this new Switch Pro is excellent. Can't wait for the Switch Pro to launch, here we go Switch Pro!

Switch Pro.

I don't think I'll upgrade, although my switch battery life is so bad that it's tempting.