By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Man Sues Over $1

This is one of the funnier, more ridiculous stories I've read in a while. I love the deadpan title, so I'm going to post that:

Man sues brewery over 'women's only' IPA, claims he 'felt forced to identify as female'

A brewery in Scotland decided to commemorate International Women's Day back on March 8th by selling a rebranded version of their popular Punk IPA at a 20% discount to women for one day in order to highlight Scotland's 20% pay gap between men and women. The difference amounted to $1: while the original Punk IPA was sold for $6, the one-day rebranded version, called the Pink IPA, which was the exact same beer with a new label, sold for $5.

One Thomas Brower decided to purchase the Pink IPA in order to get the $1 discount. He was initially denied the discount because it was for women, whereupon he falsely claimed to be a woman and indeed received the discount. Not satisfied, he decided to sue them for $1,200 anyway over his own lie because he "felt forced to identify as female". And won the case. He reportedly donated his winnings to two charities equally: the Young Women's Trust and the Campaign Against Living Miserably.

There have been a lot of just plain dumb news stories this year, but the sheer stupidity of this particular SJWing overload takes the cake for me. For $1 less for one day (sue me).

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Good to see that every once in a while a man is man enough to take a stand against oppression by females. Discrimination against men is still discrimination, so fairness for men shouldn't be tossed aside. If a real man decides that he wants to drink a pink beer... come to think about it, that's probably why the barkeeper gave in to the man's claim of being female. These are circumstances where a man is so pussified that you might as well treat him like a woman.

Oh...my...god. *snickers*

So what's next in this logic for you? Shall we abolish Mother's Day, Father's Day, Veteran's Day, what next? I mean they all highlight and celebrate a particular group, after all! Isn't that demeaning to everyone else?

RolStoppable said:

A few weeks ago I learned that the Netherlands hand out birth control pills to females under the age of 21 for free. Female privilege.

Yar, they should've handed out birth control out to males too!!

Why not call it Woman's Night and be over it? Pretty pathetic pandering to the "wage gap" crowd. Nice to see the guy win against an actual SJW.

Jeez, does this whole forum live on Earth 2? Seriously.

Around the Network

Poor men. We suffer so much.

B O I

Meh. He took advantage of a situation and donated the money to good causes. - Honestly don't see what the fuss is about.
Guess people need to complain about something?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

RolStoppable said:

No. We have people here who believe what they say, people who argue against them and others who troll because that's more fun than trying to reason.

Okay well back here on Earth 1, it's ridiculous to sue for $1,200 over $1, more ridiculous that you win a discrimination case when the whole point of the IPA, and of the whole holiday it was part of, was to highlight (sorry, but very real) sex discrimination against women in the first place, and more ridiculous still that you win in the consideration of the fact that the whole basis of the lawsuit is the fact that you defrauded the brewery, as if they forced you to. Also, here on Earth 1, gender identity is bullshit in the first place, so he shouldn't have gotten the beer for the discount. That's the Earth I'm living on.

Jaicee said:
Jeez, does this whole forum live on Earth 2? Seriously.

Earth 2? Nah! Earth 616! On Earth 2 the DCEU trashes the MCU in both quality and quantity.

I feel sorry for the business being screwed over but hey, that man got a discount and gave money to charity. He wasn't a douche about it and he didn't use the money to any personal benefit. That's the part that matters to me. In an era where you can get sued if a car accidentally touches you or your pet, it's nice to see the money that is gained is used to benefit someone somewhere. You could say he forced the business to put their money where their mouth is by actually giving to charity.
And just for me, doesn't the UK have a law where you get paid the same for the same work for the same amount of time no matter who you are? If so, is the "20%" difference just them messing with actual stats of women working a bit less than men and having lower paid jobs to begin with compared to men. In a truly one to one comparison, do women actually earn less? If so, that's wrong

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also