By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Google Stadia is doomed to fail?

Is stadia going to fail? (not be competitive, profitable?)

yes - (people wont pay for 4k subscription) 42 77.78%

no - (people want to stre... 12 22.22%

Total:54
CaptainExplosion said:

Now Stadia games have been confirmed to be full priced.

That settles it, the Stadia is dead on arrival, which I'm actually happy about, because like pretty much all gamers I'd rather keep the games I pay $60 for.

Didnt they reveal full price games right from the start? I think they did. Im sure they did.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Now Stadia games have been confirmed to be full priced.

That settles it, the Stadia is dead on arrival, which I'm actually happy about, because like pretty much all gamers I'd rather keep the games I pay $60 for.

No Stadia is not DoA, the only reason you think that is because you're clearly not the target audience.

It's not necessarily doomed to fail. But I'd be very surprised if Goggle gets an easy ride with this.

It's gonna be difficult for all parties involved in this trend.

This ain't gonna be like the App Store. It's NOT gonna grow out of proportion over night. It's gonna be built slowly. That's almost a given.

CaptainExplosion said:
Barkley said:

No Stadia is not DoA, the only reason you think that is because you're clearly not the target audience.

Google hasn't even told us who the target audience is, and so far that target audience is really minuscule.

Mobile gamers with decent internet are potential target audience of cloud platforms. There are more people out there that do gaming on mobiles than on console/PCs, and among them, there is also a good number with good internet at home, at least enough to run a game on the free version of stadia(1080P/60FPS).

CuCabeludo said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Google hasn't even told us who the target audience is, and so far that target audience is really minuscule.

Mobile gamers with decent internet are potential target audience of cloud platforms. There are more people out there that do gaming on mobiles than on console/PCs, and among them, there is also a good number with good internet at home, at least enough to run a game on the free version of stadia(1080P/60FPS).

Sure, mobile is a huge market, but do you really think people who play games only on smartphones are willing to pay $60 per game? On top of that, Stadia's games are console games, so they are made with physical controllers in mind. Can you imagine playing Doom with touch controls? I can't. 

Around the Network
RedKingXIII said:
CuCabeludo said:

Sure, mobile is a huge market, but do you really think people who play games only on smartphones are willing to pay $60 per game? On top of that, Stadia's games are console games, so they are made with physical controllers in mind. Can you imagine playing Doom with touch controls? I can't. 

You will be able to use any peripheral you want, any controller or a keyboard and mouse

In 10 years, they will control everything. Mainstream and shit always win in every domains.
It is Google, they own already almost everything.

Amnesia said:
In 10 years, they will control everything. Mainstream and shit always win in every domains.
It is Google, they own already almost everything.

At the rate they're going, Google will beb roken up in 10 years.

Honestly given how the gaming community assumed the Switch was going to go bust on release (don't pretend that there weren't hundreds of videos on the subject alone) I am not entirely up for playing the game of 'will it fail'.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I believe it is the future... But I believe it is too soon, and I believe Google is not competent enough in the video game industry especially console one which very specific and has Avery polarized core base... They can embrace change or completely hate it...
Anyway the market is not ready, as much psychologically than technically....

But then again less than 15 years ago we didn't know we needed smartphones... And that they would evolve and push infrastructures to support...

The same could happen here... Depends on how much and long etc Google is willing to support it...

But it will happen sooner or later... At least to some degree... But I also think MS is ahead on maturing the concept and has more experience in gaming than Google....