By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus July Lineup - Detroit: Become Human Deluxe Edition (Includes Heavy Rain) & Horizon Chase Turbo (PES2019 Cancelled)

twintail said:
KBG29 said:
I would really love to know what Sony is doing with all the PS+ Revenue.

PlayStation is still my prefered platform, but this is a bit insane. I really hope that the PS5 OS and PSN is something incredible, and can explain where all this consumer investment into Sony's OS and Netwok Services ended up. If it is just it turns out to be purely about profits, and not about investing in improvement, then the Sony I have supported for 25 years is truly dead, and that, too me, would be truly sad.

Like a TV show, and many other things, they clearly have a budget for PS+ titles. They will get heavy hitters that will use up more of the budget requiring them to get some lesser stuff to not go over budget.

Also I dont recall them putting a vr game every month, and I thought X1 was your current preferred platform?

The sad thing is PS+ used to be a really great service for games on PS3, before it was sold as a required service to support Online Play. Now it is neither a good service for games, nor does it support the Online Infrastructure. We are getting less games at a lower quality, the OS and Online Service has showed almost no improvement in over two years, and games 1st party games are loosing online support and being completely pulled from the store. More people, are paying more money, yet we now get substantially less. So, where is it all going?

They did a few PSVR games between September of 17 through through August of 18.

I actually ended up buying a PC after being so happy with XBO X and Game Pass. I play 3rd party games on PC and XBO X now, with the rare exceptions on PS4 (basically just games that remote play well). It is  a situation where I play games on PC/XBO because Microsoft are delivering. I still prefer PlayStation, but between the not so great PS4 Pro and the terrible state of their OS and Services, I just can not support them 100% right now.

I have always ended up with every console each generation, but PlayStation has always been my favorite. This gen between the PS4 and the Vita, it started feeling like I could get everything I need from PlayStation alone. Over the last few years Sony has really dropped the ball though, and now I am back to owning PC, XBO, PS4, and Switch. I even bought an AppleTV 4K for Apple Arcade later this year, and Pre-Ordered Google Stadia Founders Edition. Sony messed up. I was ready to invest all of my gaming and entertainment money in their ecosystem, now it will be spread across all platforms. I don't plan on ending support of all providers going forward. If Sony can deliver PS5 with access to Stadia, and xCloud, I may go to PS5 only, but if not, I guess I just work more so I can own hardware from everyone.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Pass. One of the worst month ever.

Odd change, wonder if the deal they had fell through. If Detroit a story kind of game like Heavy Rain? Got kind bored playing that even if the concept was interesting.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

Odd change, wonder if the deal they had fell through. If Detroit a story kind of game like Heavy Rain? Got kind bored playing that even if the concept was interesting.

It was probably the huge backlash

Machina said:
My Plus expires in July I think it is, so this was Sony's last chance to impress me enough to renew. To be fair there aren't many games that interest me so it was always going to be a tough ask - I only really joined so that I could play some multiplayer, now I've had my fix I'm happy to let it expire.

Makes sense but we really have to accept we are going to get lackluster offerings for a while until PS5 comes out and the fact most companies are trying to divide their content up to their own subscription services, Ubisoft launching one means we don't get games like For Honor in it anymore which is kinda what Sony didn't want to happen when they said no to EA Access at first. As long as I get 2 £15 games for nothing that I enjoy a year, it's worth it. This last month was Borderlands and Sonic. 2 high profile games the former is countless hours of entertainment but not every game is going to be for everyone. (I already owned BL so traded that in for money. :P)

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
melbye said:
The Fury said:

It was probably the huge backlash

Doubt it, that'd just piss of Konami. "Sorry your game is garbage and people don't want it, we're removing it from PS+".

There'll be some kind of legal reason for it or Konami themselves pulled it.

If it really was just backlash they'd have just added a game, not replaced one.

Holy shit this makes it the best month because ive been wanting to play Detroit and also playing heavy rain again on the ps4

Oh shit, nice. I was gonna give that racing game a try and that would probably be it but now i'll definitely get Detroit and Heavy Rain, never played either of those.

I went onto ps store to download this month ps plus games and when i saw Detroit as ps plus game i thought sony mistakenly put it on instead of the soccer game

Kick ass. I've been wanting to play Detroit for a long time.