By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metacritic and Opencritic scores for Super Mario Maker 2

Tagged games:

Cerebralbore101 said:

Hey OP, could you add Opencritic to it? Metacritic unfairly weights the scores of certain outlets. Opencritic includes sites like vgchartz, and certain youtubers. They aren't included in the official score, but they do get included in the percentage of critics that recommend the game.

Edit: Well shit, something is wrong with Opencritic right now. They aren't displaying the scores. 

I added Opencritic.

Current Metacritic score 89 based on 48 critics

Current Opencritic score 89 based on 45 critics

Around the Network

The difference between 89 and 90 seems so big lol

PortisheadBiscuit said:

On a psychological stance it is a big difference

PortisheadBiscuit said:

For every two games on Opencritic scoring 88-90, there is only one game scoring 91-93. And for every two games scoring 91-93 there is only one game scoring 94-96. No game has managed to score above 96 on Opencritic. 

So yeah, the difference is pretty big, so long as we are talking about how difficult it is to get those higher scores. IMO 88-95 scored games are usually around the same ballpark in quality though. 

I'm well aware that 89 is a fantastic score, but I'm honestly just a tad disappointed since I thought a score in the 90's was pretty much locked. Even thought above 95 might be a small possibility. But, I guess I should know anytime Nintendo relies heavily on online components, things aren't going to be super smooth.

Around the Network

Current Metacritic score 89 based on 54 critics
Current Opencritic score 89 based on 52 critics

Story-mode was really fun, loved the diverse levels covering all the 2D styles

Current Metacritic score 89 based on 57 critics
Current Opencritic score 88 based on 56 critics

Current Metacritic score 89 based on 70 critics
Current Opencritic score 89 based on 74 critics