By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All Time E3 Thread

Updated to reflect 1997 poll results, thanks for participating! On to 1998!

Around the Network

Since I've started doing this again I figured I'd bump the meta thread so people could refresh on who won previous E3's on this site. Btw, I do check those old polls still so if you never voted before and want to now, go for it and I will update to reflect winners if any change.

Currently working on the 2000 E3 voting here.

The question I have for you all that have been voting or will vote in the future is also in the OP, please comment below:

I am considering moving the voting to survey monkey for future polls because it will allow a lot more options than 10 so people can truly vote for their favorite, but I've discovered an even more accurate way (ranked voting). My question to you all is, of the three options below, which kind of poll would you prefer? I want the most accurate polling possible, but not at the expense of votes because of it being too complex:

1) Voting as it is now with 10 choices and comment votes beyond that.

2) Voting on Survey Monkey with every independent developer/owner of developers as an option that presented games at E3.

3) The above, except instead of traditional voting we do ranked voting where you have to literally rank every presenter.

*Also, as a side note, I do plan on jumping ahead and doing a 2021 vote while it's fresh on our minds before going back in order. I will launch this after Tuesday's final presentations sometime.

I prefer option #1 as long as the 10th poll option is "other".  If you are going to use another site though, then go with option #3.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I prefer option #1 as long as the 10th poll option is "other".  If you are going to use another site though, then go with option #3.

The problem with using that slot as "other" is it takes one more option away from the easier voting method (clicking a button) and requires 1 more listing to be commented below. People are less likely to comment vote than click vote, so that slot would potentially be wasted (especially if people vote "other" but don't write a comment vote down below).

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

The problem with using that slot as "other" is it takes one more option away from the easier voting method (clicking a button) and requires 1 more listing to be commented below. People are less likely to comment vote than click vote, so that slot would potentially be wasted (especially if people vote "other" but don't write a comment vote down below).

This is true.  However, other than Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo, it can be hard to predict which companies people will vote for.  A third party company can have an awesome presentation one year and have no presentation at all the next.  Since there are so many third party developers, it's best to have an "other" option just to cover all of the bases.