By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on CTR Nitro Fueled?

Tagged games:

I assume the people at the top of the Nitro leaderboard aren't playing online matches to get those points. There's just no way. It has to be them playing Limit Battle Battle mode or something similar over and over and over again. What they are doing must be so mind-numbingly boring. I'll really laugh if some random(s) pop up at the top of the leaderboard due to cheating(save wizard). This happens to every offline multiplayer save data game with leaderboards on the ps4.

With the 50% Nitro gain bonus, online races only give 15 and all the lobby/loading/waiting down time makes it a far from efficient way to gain Nitro. Now there's non-online play in which any local battle/race/trial etc.... gives 7 Nitro. Using a second controller to play 2 player games by yourself where the 2nd player is idle has to be what they are doing. This way I was able to get 7 nitro every 30 seconds which is around 840ish an hour.

I wonder what the optimal method for farming Nitro is. Which game mode, track and settings?

Around the Network
useruserB said:

I assume the people at the top of the Nitro leaderboard aren't playing online matches to get those points. There's just no way. It has to be them playing Limit Battle Battle mode or something similar over and over and over again. What they are doing must be so mind-numbingly boring. I'll really laugh if some random(s) pop up at the top of the leaderboard due to cheating(save wizard). This happens to every offline multiplayer save data game with leaderboards on the ps4.

With the 50% Nitro gain bonus, online races only give 15 and all the lobby/loading/waiting down time makes it a far from efficient way to gain Nitro. Now there's non-online play in which any local battle/race/trial etc.... gives 7 Nitro. Using a second controller to play 2 player games by yourself where the 2nd player is idle has to be what they are doing. This way I was able to get 7 nitro every 30 seconds which is around 840ish an hour.

I wonder what the optimal method for farming Nitro is. Which game mode, track and settings?

I imagine the people at the top of the leaderboards have setup the game to farm Nitro without them even needing to be there. Shouldn't be too difficult to rig something up to automatically press buttons and run a very short battle over and over again 24/7.

Can be fixed if they just add conditions for Nitro other than play any mode on any settings and come in any position.

Barkley said:
useruserB said:

I imagine the people at the top of the leaderboards have setup the game to farm Nitro without them even needing to be there. Shouldn't be too difficult to rig something up to automatically press buttons and run a very short battle over and over again 24/7.

Can be fixed if they just add conditions for Nitro other than play any mode on any settings and come in any position.

Just loaded up the game to check. You are absolutely correct. All you need to do is have a turbo controller and have it spam X all day for you. It'll be match after match while you actually do nada.

Limit battle, 3 lives, 1 hard ai opponent, with only missiles/aku mask powerups. It'll take your 3 lives in about 30 secs and your controller will infinitely collect the nitro and move on to the next match for you. lol

battles don't give nitro anymore or will not after a certain time for that day. But most people who are high on the nitro board are also high on the championship board...Sure you don't have to race to get points but you get little of them if you not try to be the first 3. and let it grind with so many kicked out of lobby moments it is hard. I have been grinding with doing cups/single races to unlock all the skins I think I only need 125 races to go to have all skins unlocked for the characters. Also someone just bought all stuff available in the pit shop.

Kinda glad I double dipped on the PS4 version, played a bit of the Switch version the other day, and I noticed some very noticeable frame drops in Twilight Tour, especially when playing online.

I hope this doesn't become a trend with future DLC tracks, but I have a feeling it will be.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Unlocked Tawna motorsport skin and wanted to go online...Ofcourse the track dissapears X_X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPEXqbpHgc Well still made it to third place XD

An upcoming update will improve load times in all versions, but especially the Switch version where it will utilize the system's recently enabled CPU "Boost Mode"

https://gonintendo.com/stories/340004-crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-s-next-update-on-switch-will-decr

curl-6 said:

An upcoming update will improve load times in all versions, but especially the Switch version where it will utilize the system's recently enabled CPU "Boost Mode"

https://gonintendo.com/stories/340004-crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-s-next-update-on-switch-will-decr

That's awesome:)

curl-6 said:

Yessss finally the loading times were ridiculous on Switch

^^ Well is good news, a better online experience is what I wanted but it has been improved.