By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First-Person or Third-Person?

Do you prefer first-person gameplay or third-person gameplay?

First-person 15 27.27%

Third-person 40 72.73%

Total:55

Depends on the game; its a matter of choosing the right tool for the right job.

I wouldn't want to play Breath of the Wild in first person, but at the same time, making Metroid Prime third person would greatly diminish the claustrophobic immersion that defines the experience.

I will say though that for shooters, I usually prefer first person. I have enjoyed TPS games like Gears of War and Splatoon, but most of my favourite shooters are FPS.

Around the Network

Heck, since everyone else is voting third, I'll vote first, as a protest vote against this current thing of "not playing it if it's first person, I have to see my character" (as seen with Cybperpunk 2077's reveal) which I personally think is tied a little too closely to companies pushing cosmetic microtransactions and lootbox skins.

There should have been an either in the poll.

I also quite like those games that allow you to change your ingame viewpoint.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I voted first-person, but I really just like whatever perspective is right for the game. With that said, I greatly prefer shooters to be first-person.

Depends as I enjoy both. I tend to lean toward 3rd person however.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I prefer first person but am open to third person view ...

Everything that requires me to point and aim something is terrible in 3rd person.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

In general, third person perspective. I do enjoy first-person games like Doom and Wolfenstein as well and wouldn't want those in third-person, but I prefer to see my player character.

Third person all the way.
I really dislike the first person view, it never gives me the view that my personal peripheral vision gives me and the movement on the screen annoys me quite a lot.
The only games I managed to finish in 1st person were Far Cries. And even climbing those towers in 1st person... ridiculous.
It's trying to be lifelike but fails miserably, imho.

First person, generally speaking. That's because I like games where I aim at stuff. If I liked games where I'm jumping on stuff then my answer might be different. Aiming at stuff in third person isn't nearly as not frustrating.

I also like to immerse myself in the character I'm playing and I don't get that with third person. First person is like driving a car; third person is like watching a car that you're steering by remote control.