By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Luigi's Mansion 3 originally made for Wii U

HoloDust said:
I wish Nintendo didn't abandon WiiU like they did, there is really no reason for lot of their Switch games not to have WiiU versions.

yeah I wished the same. they even said the switch would't be a follow up console to the wii u. so secretly I always hoped for wii u version of the switch games. I really hated their move. I said to myself I would never buy another nintendo console for that reason, well atleast not day 1 like for many generations before. luckily I found someone who gave me 255€ for wiiu + pro controller (without games) and then I bought a second hand switch für 240€. shortly after that all my hate vanished.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
HoloDust said:

No.

They abandoned WiU in favor of Switch, technically there's no reason for something like SMO not being on WiiU.

But it sounded like you were asking Nintendo to release Wii U versions of games from the Switch library.

That's exactly what I was implying - they released BotW on both and then abandoned WiiU.

ruffy37 said:
HoloDust said:
I wish Nintendo didn't abandon WiiU like they did, there is really no reason for lot of their Switch games not to have WiiU versions.

yeah I wished the same. they even said the switch would't be a follow up console to the wii u. so secretly I always hoped for wii u version of the switch games. I really hated their move. I said to myself I would never buy another nintendo console for that reason, well atleast not day 1 like for many generations before. luckily I found someone who gave me 255€ for wiiu + pro controller (without games) and then I bought a second hand switch für 240€. shortly after that all my hate vanished.

Classic Nintendo move - I keep coming back to Rise of Tomb Raider, game that released 2 full years after XBO and PS4 launched and SE still released it on PS360 as well, yet Nintendo didn't bothered to bring Switch games to WiiU at least for a year.

CaptainExplosion said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Hey, take out the Metroid name and we will have a decent shooter 

Not just the name, but any and all connection to the Metroid universe Federation Farce had.

Just change all the name and characters then, the narrative and gameplay will remain the same, but everything else will be changed

HoloDust said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But it sounded like you were asking Nintendo to release Wii U versions of games from the Switch library.

That's exactly what I was implying - they released BotW on both and then abandoned WiiU.

ruffy37 said:

Classic Nintendo move - I keep coming back to Rise of Tomb Raider, game that released 2 full years after XBO and PS4 launched and SE still released it on PS360 as well, yet Nintendo didn't bothered to bring Switch games to WiiU at least for a year.

Strange. Nintendo moved on to a next generation, why is that a problem all of a sudden? Should Uncharted 4 and Halo 5 have been for PS3 and 360 as well respectively?

S.Peelman said:
HoloDust said:

Strange. Nintendo moved on to a next generation, why is that a problem all of a sudden? Should Uncharted 4 and Halo 5 have been for PS3 and 360 as well respectively?

Nothing really strange about it - Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 were released almost 2 and 2 and half years, respectively, after their consoles launched - in addition to PS360 being very long gen and PS4 and (to extent) XBO being much more powerfull than PS360.

SMO on the other hand realesed 7 months after Switch launched and skipped WiiU that is fairly comparable to Switch in portable mode and that had some 12-13 million owners left to dry.

Now, I fully realize that every platform holder wants for everyone to ditch their preveious console and buy their latest, and new exclusives are one of the incentives...but in this particular case on Nintendo and WiiU, I'm finding it to be somewhat of a dick move.

Again, all props to SE for RotR - though, as many around here know, I despise what they've done to TR with Reboot and onward.

Around the Network

I'm a Wii U owner, but bringing games to Wii U after the launch of the Switch would've been a terrible move. 

Setting aside for the moment that the Wii U was a colossal failure, the whole idea of the Switch was to unify Nintendo's software production under a single platform. Making another version of Mario Odyssey for Wii U would've cost them valuable development resources while reducing the incentive for U owners to upgrade. It makes no sense and no other company in Nintendo's position would've done so.

HoloDust said:
CaptainExplosion said:

ruffy37 said:

Lol what are you saying.  I lost you at yet

curl-6 said:

I'm a Wii U owner, but bringing games to Wii U after the launch of the Switch would've been a terrible move. 

Setting aside for the moment that the Wii U was a colossal failure, the whole idea of the Switch was to unify Nintendo's software production under a single platform. Making another version of Mario Odyssey for Wii U would've cost them valuable development resources while reducing the incentive for U owners to upgrade. It makes no sense and no other company in Nintendo's position would've done so.

I'm WiiU owner as well - bought it mostly for BotW (oh dear) and MK, though I've enjoyed several other games as well.

As said in previous post, it is expected for platform holder to incentivize people to move to new platform, and I have no problem with that...apart from this particualr case of WiiU which was abandoned and could've easily got Switch ports for at least one year.

As for unifying software production - well, how's that going?

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

I'm WiiU owner as well - bought it mostly for BotW (oh dear) and MK, though I've enjoyed several other games as well.

As said in previous post, it is expected for platform holder to incentivize people to move to new platform, and I have no problem with that...apart from this particualr case of WiiU which was abandoned and could've easily got Switch ports for at least one year.

It's going well; where previously games were split between Wii U and 3DS, now we get everything on one platform, it's better for everyone.

What possible reason is there to bring games like Mario Odyssey or Splatoon 2 to Wii U? That's just pointless.

curl-6 said:
HoloDust said:

It's going well; where previously games were split between Wii U and 3DS, now we get everything on one platform, it's better for everyone.

What possible reason is there to bring games like Mario Odyssey or Splatoon 2 to Wii U? That's just pointless.

Reason? Well, how about something lile "we know we fucked up with WiiU, but we're not abandoning our customers", as a show of good faith.