By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nba2k19 is 3 dollars on the eshop

Tagged games:

people on here fall for reviews too easy, when most of the people who review games on gaming websites are not big sports fan. They assume any challenge you have you need micro transaction to win, this is far from true, and this is coming from a very good 2k player. The game gives away coins every day from daily event to other events, they would give away 1 million vc points, every week in any event, even a quiz if you know your nba history. I never made it to the end on my first quiz but 4 people did, they tied so each of them got 250,000 VC.

and this is the main thing reviewers never talked about how many ways to get free VC if you need it.......the game is not pay to win but if you did pay the highest you can make your character is level 85.....they make it like real life the more experience you get then you unlock level cap which allow you to go higher than a level 85........levels is not the important thing in this game, its the badges which make your skills more effective and these are the ones you cannot pay for............it was me level 70 and two other level 70 and we beat 3 people who were level 85, I knew they had no badge because only way you level 85 when the game come out is if you pay to level up and just like I told you above level 85 is the highest you can go if you pay......me and the other level 70 our badge was higher our steals work better, so our defense work better we had more experience stealing vs them.

I will tell you this if you as good as me, by the end of the first season you will have a lot of VC the same thing reviewers say you have to pay for. you will have so much you do not know what to do with it, right now my character have 40,000, what will I need to spend on, I like my hair cut I do not need to change it, I already have one of the most expenisve outfit with jewelry on, I have a lot of endorsements so I get many sneakers free, so unless you someone that like to buy out every outfit and change hair and get tattoo all the time then you will run out of VC quickly, but if you like me who get a few things, your VC will build up and theres not much to spend on and this is what they didnt tell you in reviews because they not real sport fans.

my tip if you want to get more VC, and be a starter on the team much earlier then you should, go in settings and put 12 min quarters, you get more time on the court to make a name for yourself and if you nice like me it will take you 10 to 13 games to be a starter in the NBA, after that you focus on getting more fans to get more endorsements which will increase your money

and for the other people who complain nba 2k size is big but this game give more content than any other game made........back in 2005 we paid 60 dollars for a season mode with all star mode..............this game have a season mode where you take your favorite nba team to championship, story mode where you make your character a star, GM mode where you a owner who can move his team to any state, charge any price for tickets and food in the arena and all sorts of things a owner do with trading and etc, and many other modes I cannot get into right now

all of these modes can last 1000 of hours because nothing the same, each year players get traded, new players get drafted, teams that was weak are strong so you always get a different challenge.

Around the Network

Not sure what this is, but from what I understand it is about a ball and shooting. I have to say, shooting games are not my thing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bought it yesterday and had a good time. Unfortunately it also pushed me to buy a 512gb micro sd card from amazon, but considering i'm mostly digital that was inevitable I suppose.

Just purchased Hollow Knight and Shantae the Half Genie Hero from the E3 sale.

Still didn't bite on this. Just don't have the time to invest in a full season or campaign or whatever you call it in a sports game. Life too busy. I might have dropped $3 for the hell of it, if it wasn't a like a 40gb download. No reason to fill up 40gb of my 256gb card for a game I won't have time to play, just cause its a steal of a deal.

Ganoncrotch said:
Darwinianevolution said:
They really want people into the microtransactions, don't they? just go Free to Play.

Also, are there sales in the european eShop?

No, in Europe this version is marked down to 29.99 rather than 2.99, also in the US the digital deluxe version is 40 while the standard version is marked down to 3dollars, it's fairly clearly a mistake in the US shop, it's free to create an account in the different regions and there is a great site called PC game supply where you can buy eshop cards from the different regions. Also when making a US account you wanna make it in a state where there is no tax on games, I can find the address I used if you want or you can google it.

I guess it's possible that you're right, but trying to think logically, if it was truly a mistake, this would have been fixed almost immediately. Yeah, I don't know how much power the devs have in controlling the price of the games on-demand, but a big game like 2K19 would surely have had the influence to get to the higher-ups quick enough to take it down.

Around the Network

It's 3 dollars on PSN and Xbox too from what I hear (The sale also applies to Canada) so I don't think it's a mistake, otherwise it would've been fixed by now.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 14 June 2019

Is a little over 32 GB...would have to buy another SD card for it...so it is not an attractive buy for me....if you have the space then by all means. I bought the Dark Souls Remaster instead.

Gemmol31 said:
people on here fall for reviews too easy, when most of the people who review games on gaming websites are not big sports fan. They assume any challenge you have you need micro transaction to win, this is far from true, and this is coming from a very good 2k player. The game gives away coins every day from daily event to other events, they would give away 1 million vc points, every week in any event, even a quiz if you know your nba history. I never made it to the end on my first quiz but 4 people did, they tied so each of them got 250,000 VC.

and this is the main thing reviewers never talked about how many ways to get free VC if you need it.......the game is not pay to win but if you did pay the highest you can make your character is level 85.....they make it like real life the more experience you get then you unlock level cap which allow you to go higher than a level 85........levels is not the important thing in this game, its the badges which make your skills more effective and these are the ones you cannot pay for............it was me level 70 and two other level 70 and we beat 3 people who were level 85, I knew they had no badge because only way you level 85 when the game come out is if you pay to level up and just like I told you above level 85 is the highest you can go if you pay......me and the other level 70 our badge was higher our steals work better, so our defense work better we had more experience stealing vs them.

I will tell you this if you as good as me, by the end of the first season you will have a lot of VC the same thing reviewers say you have to pay for. you will have so much you do not know what to do with it, right now my character have 40,000, what will I need to spend on, I like my hair cut I do not need to change it, I already have one of the most expenisve outfit with jewelry on, I have a lot of endorsements so I get many sneakers free, so unless you someone that like to buy out every outfit and change hair and get tattoo all the time then you will run out of VC quickly, but if you like me who get a few things, your VC will build up and theres not much to spend on and this is what they didnt tell you in reviews because they not real sport fans.

my tip if you want to get more VC, and be a starter on the team much earlier then you should, go in settings and put 12 min quarters, you get more time on the court to make a name for yourself and if you nice like me it will take you 10 to 13 games to be a starter in the NBA, after that you focus on getting more fans to get more endorsements which will increase your money

and for the other people who complain nba 2k size is big but this game give more content than any other game made........back in 2005 we paid 60 dollars for a season mode with all star mode..............this game have a season mode where you take your favorite nba team to championship, story mode where you make your character a star, GM mode where you a owner who can move his team to any state, charge any price for tickets and food in the arena and all sorts of things a owner do with trading and etc, and many other modes I cannot get into right now

all of these modes can last 1000 of hours because nothing the same, each year players get traded, new players get drafted, teams that was weak are strong so you always get a different challenge.

I for one wasn't complaining about the size at all, I was just warning people that it might be a bit of a shock considering the other largest games I had on my Switch are Warframe (20GB) Doom (23GB) and Resi Evil Rev 2 (24GB) so this game coming in at 36GB is 1.5x the size of the previous largest game I had, it was a completely FYI type post not a "don't buy this shit cos it's 36GB" I gotta say even in the exhibition matches I love some of the skits with Shaq and Co talking before the game, there's just so much voice acting work gone into this title I can very clearly see where all that space is coming from, it's a very impressive port on the Switch as well, gorgeous looking models on the players and agreed there seems to be months worth of content in this title for the cost it's crazy, it's at the price of like... endless runners on Switch but is a huge AAA sports game from this year.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

SammyGiireal said:
Is a little over 32 GB...would have to buy another SD card for it...so it is not an attractive buy for me....if you have the space then by all means. I bought the Dark Souls Remaster instead.

you can always just hit the purchase button for $3 and then leave it undownloaded until you get a larger SD card down the line? Just a thought of course.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
SammyGiireal said:

you can always just hit the purchase button for $3 and then leave it undownloaded until you get a larger SD card down the line? Just a thought of course.

It has been on my mind...but I haven't decided yet lol