By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is Officially Coming to Switch in 2019

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 9 28.13%

No 8 25.00%

I will wait for the review 6 18.75%

I dont care for graphic ,... 3 9.38%

I already have the games ... 6 18.75%

Total:32

The Switch and 3rd party devs capabilities have excite me!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Where's the "I already own it so I'll pass" option?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Kinda weird calling it "complete" when it's missing all of the high quality assets that are present in every other version.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Kinda weird calling it "complete" when it's missing all of the high quality assets that are present in every other version.

On a serious note, this port is actually fun to see - almost every game can be downported (except maybe for some that rely ultra heavily on massive amounts of physics, but those are very few), it's just how low they go before they need to change some cruical things...in the end there will always be folks who are satisfied with it.

Than you have someone like my younger son who, when I've shown him TW3 on ultra couple years ago just said something in the line of "meh, it looks fine".

HollyGamer said:
Naum said:
If I get it I will only play it in portable mode.. on the TV it would look to bad.

But in portable mode you will only have 2 hours time of batteries life without extra batteries , and the graphic will be more worse because on portable mode the Switch is programed to run slow. 

Source? Another one of your speculations which you sell as a fact?

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
I don't know why people in here are easily offended by mere facts , logic and data. Nobody said the games is bad or will be bad because that is just pure on opinion . What I am trying to said compared to normal quality and standard , The Witcher 3 on Switch will have massive downgrade than PS4/Xbox One/PC , it will not look the same. The gameplay experience according to Digital foundry will have some sacrifice and can be called hard to enjoy in some areas, but that was in the past probably CDR project have a magic that can make the game run good. But still, the games experience will not like it was intended

And nothing in this claim it is unplayable except you

Pinkie_pie said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

And vice versa, you aren't able to prove them wrong either

Werent you one of those people that said it was impossible?

How about reading all of my comments in that article again? I already mentioned that it could work if the game was downgraded like crazy in every aspect to run on Switch hardware. And it would be impossible or at least barely run at 20 fps if it have the same graphic settings and fps as ps4/xbox 1

Conina said:
HollyGamer said:

But in portable mode you will only have 2 hours time of batteries life without extra batteries , and the graphic will be more worse because on portable mode the Switch is programed to run slow. 

Source? Another one of your speculations which you sell as a fact?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/942k8v/the_battery_life_on_my_switch/

HoangNhatAnh said:
HollyGamer said:
I don't know why people in here are easily offended by mere facts , logic and data. Nobody said the games is bad or will be bad because that is just pure on opinion . What I am trying to said compared to normal quality and standard , The Witcher 3 on Switch will have massive downgrade than PS4/Xbox One/PC , it will not look the same. The gameplay experience according to Digital foundry will have some sacrifice and can be called hard to enjoy in some areas, but that was in the past probably CDR project have a magic that can make the game run good. But still, the games experience will not like it was intended

And nothing in this claim it is unplayable except you

unplayable = hard to enjoy . Or perhaps you love ARK port on Switch

HoangNhatAnh said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Werent you one of those people that said it was impossible?

How about reading all of my comments in that article again? I already mentioned that it could work if the game was downgraded like crazy in every aspect to run on Switch hardware. And it would be impossible or at least barely run at 20 fps if it have the same graphic settings and fps as ps4/xbox 1

Of course a switch port would be downgraded. Name me a switch port that wasnt downgraded. Reading your comments again its as though you thought it would be unplayable or a totally different game