By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will release Worldwide March 3 2020; New Trailer!

The Fury said:
Cobretti2 said:
Full game or like a chapter? I lost track of what final direction they landed on.

Anything to make lots of money. So likely 3 game with microtransactions too.

That is what is worrying me. I don't want a great game classic ruined lol

Around the Network

WATCH GOD WORK

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

haxxiy said:
The Fury said:

This video in the opening tag with a time stamp. Slow it down to 50%. Then realise there is no strategy in FF7Remake. Just botton mash until win. Just like we always wanted.

https://youtu.be/aTCmN8TtkgQ?t=11

This is literally the gameplay recipe of every JRPG ever, 95% of the time.

The original FF7 is certainly like that. Honestly, strategic gameplay has never been the highlight of the FF games (well, FF Tactics would be exception). If people want real strategy in a turn-based JRPG they should play the Shin Megami Tensei series or Bravely Default/Second in the hardest difficulty.

Very great news.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'll wait for the PC release.

Around the Network
JamesGarret said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

On a side note, WHERE THE FUCK IS TIFA!!!!!!

I bet that they don't want to show her because they don't want to cause an outrage either way when it comes to her character design.

They´ll probably show her at their conference tonight.

I suppose they could show extended gameplay footage and then she happens to be shown, perhaps. But if they don't show her soon then I guess Square is seriously thinking that showing new Tifa is going to cause some controversy and they'd rather keep her out of public sight from the time being, which I think is unnecessary, pointless and perhaps there is no controversy at all and they may be concerned about a non-issue.

CRAZY IDEA:

What if Square decides to push Tifa's appearance for later on, maybe the next FF7 Episode? What if she doesn't show up at all in Midgar and we don't see her until Cloud and Co. arrive at Nibelheim or something... imagine the outrage.

Mar1217 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Since Square refuses to give me my dosage of new Tifa I decided to insert Tifa in my playthrough of Fallout 4

https://youtu.be/Jv1TneOQlU8?t=66

This will have to do for now.

wAIT ! That's the girl from MGSV !

Yes, Quiet. I guy asked Konami directly for permission on whether he could add MGSV's character assets to Fallout 4 as a mod and Konami surprisingly said that it was ok:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8841?tab=images

Konami has gotten a lot of hate since they parted ways with Kojima but I think we can all agree that was a nice gesture from Konami.

My Tifa is at the end of the video. :D

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

the frame rate is a lot better.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

twintail said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

And episode 3? Inb4 FFVIIR have 5 parts in total

That leak could be wrong, i want to see the proof

never, its being cancelled after 2

So in the end, it become unfinished FFVIIR? FFVII fans will love this for sure

Hiku said:

Nor did the original FFT7 ATB system. That's why I played most of the game the same way you just described.

Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Occasional Skill/Spell
Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Press X (Attack) -> Occasional Skill/Spell

Barely at any point did I look at the enemy and wonder what to do next. The answer was almost always immediately clear. And it was almost always Attack, unless you didn't want to conserve MP, or wanted to steal their enemy skill or something.
Outside of very rare occasions, like the first Scorpion robot boss that counter attacks when its tail is up, the game doesn't incentivize you to 'use any clever tactics and ATB', when all you need to do is press X to achieve the same result, with minimal mental effort.

If anything, an action based combat system will force you to think more during your attacks, because unlike the original FF7 where once you commit to a command you are invincible during that command, in this game you will (presumably) be able to get hit during your attack combos.
Meaning that if you simply mash buttons while another opponent is about to attack you, your combo will get interrupted and you'll get punished. But if you instead cut your combo short and do an evasive maneuver in the middle of it...

Any tactical aspects present in FF7 were not inherent to the ATB system. There are ways for enemies to get 'their turn' in action based combat systems as well.

I don't think people need to hate the turn based combat form the original to like the action based combat here. I love the turn based system from the original, but I admittedly would have found it oddly restrictive for this game. Technically speaking, an action based system is capable of the same type of gameplay as the standard ATB system, while having more to it. Though it likely won't play out that way.
But for people who want to take their time and think a bit extra in between each attack, there may very well be a 'wait' option available, similar to FFXV.

~Edit~
And shortly after I said that, Square confirmed such a system being in the game.

I think the major difference that I'm unsure of for me is how allies will act when you don't give them commands. Either they do nothing, or they will act based on A.I., or perhaps there will be a Gambit system which would be interesting. Because then they will only ever act the way you would.

In early stages of the game, yes, for standard enemies, yes, when you don't have much materia, this is the same as any FF game because you need base enemies to level up. You try and beat many bosses, Jenova, Sephiroth or a Weapon with just attacks you are going to spend a lot of time in the fight or lose very quickly. Buffing up the characters, countering the bosses moves is part of the strategy. Even if that strategy is you press the run button because a Malboro just showed up.

Remember first fight with Reno at the tower? He puts a shield on your allies making it so they can't move, meaning you have to attack that shield. This is while he is attacking you and he damage isn't small either so you'll need to heal often. How will that fight work? How will switching between characters work? How will Barrett's fight with Dyne work? Because if I recall, you spend most your time healing in that fight because Dyne will do 1/4 of your HP with each single move, you button mash in that fight and you dead. The Demon Wall fight would kick your arse if you didn't have some form of strategy there.

Here's the thing about the ATB, we haven't had a proper FF game with it with the level of graphics shown in this and FF15 ever. FF13 had a go at it only controlling 1 character? 'auto-attack' button? The ATB, how it works isn't outdated, only things that was outdated in FF7 were it's graphics and how you move about the environment. Story holds up, gameplay/battle system holds up.

You have to understand why I'm worried. FF7 is one of my favourite games of all time, being remade in a way where it's not FF7, it's KH. I like KH, it's great as KH but it's not FF. I love FF yet haven't played a new FF in nearly a decade because SquEnix seem to have decided the ATB isn't cool anymore, that all we want is button mashing no thinking gameplay. This saddens me and if I speak out, people just say "play the original", blah blah. No way, I can do that? Why didn't I think of that before? Not like I have for 22 years.

Plus you know, single game split over 3 parts charging you £50 a pop doesn't help.

Hmm, pie.