By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. June 2019 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Marth said:

And the FF14 playtime card is back at the top while the expansion also rises in the charts.
Just how popular is that game in the US?

I'm currently playing this game on USA servers (Ultros), and it's always packed with players.  FF XIV has the advantage that the game is cross-play with PS4 and PC players, hence the high player count.

Around the Network
finalrpgfantasy said:
Marth said:

And the FF14 playtime card is back at the top while the expansion also rises in the charts.
Just how popular is that game in the US?

I'm currently playing this game on USA servers (Ultros), and it's always packed with players.  FF XIV has the advantage that the game is cross-play with PS4 and PC players, hence the high player count.

I think people are quick to dismiss FF14, because it was never as popular as World of Warcraft...

But people forget theres still like 14-15m players playing FF14.
Which in itself isnt a small number.

Its not unreasonable to see the playtime cards doing well on amazon.

JRPGfan said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

I think people are quick to dismiss FF14, because it was never as popular as World of Warcraft...

Hell I am pretty sure FFXIV is the second biggest MMO on the market right now, so yeah those who dismissed it because its not as big as WoW is strange since FFXIV has a large player base and hell my server (Balmung) is the biggest North America server and the starting towns are always pack with players.

I'm really impressed with the performance of Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. They've been pretty consistent with their placing. Fire Emblem is doing really well on a few other amazons too so it's definitely gonna have the biggest launch of any Fire Emblem game.

JRPGfan said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

Actually Square Enix revealed not long ago that they had 16M players registered all time since 2010 just a month ago. Not sure if Square ever released any active player count but according to https://ffxivcensus.com/ there's roughly 670k active characters worldwide.

So while I dont know how legit that website is, there's not 14-15M currently playing the game based on Square Enix numbers alone, but the game has increase a ton over the last two years and is very much in a super positive trend since the last expansions.. especially compared to juggernaught WoW who has kind of been in a dwindle after BFA released.

Around the Network

Did something happen with Final Fantasy 7 or was Amazon out of stock for a while?

Marth said:
So a new update broke my program...
Need to think about a way to fix this but it will take some time

Don't worry, we can wait and check ourselves if we need to. And for those who don't know where:

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_tab_t_bs#1

wombat123 said:
Did something happen with Final Fantasy 7 or was Amazon out of stock for a while?

Most probably out of stock. It's also currently unavailable right now, so it will probably drop down again later.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 28 June 2019

Didn't notice the Playstation 4's were so low, I thought they were in the 40's at least.

I can't wait to see Fire Emblem: Three Houses numbers. I want to be bold and say that it'll ship 1 million first week.

KH3 survives E3 month. Highest ranking is 18 in Italy. Nice.

FF7 doing good. Judge Eyes doing good as well.

$10 Discount helping BOTW stay GREEN