By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What's your favorite MCU movie, and why?

Favorite sub-series?

Iron Man 1 3.23%

Thor 2 6.45%

Captain America 7 22.58%

Avengers 11 35.48%

Guardians of the Galaxy 7 22.58%

Ant-Man 0 0%

Other (1-film long) 3 9.68%

Total:31

Cap is my favorite Marvel character and, while the first one was decent, the second and third turned him into the character I knew and loved. Seeing it on screen was awesome.

Avengers always felt like the Tony Stark show. I like the character but I didn't have the comics history ingrained in me. Before IM1, he was actually a mid tier character in my head. The MCU basically made him their Wolverine (Where Wolverine's popularity pretty much made him the ultimate hero or even the leader in different media) and it turned me off.

Around the Network

Both Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier.
GOG personally, I feel has the best balance between comedy and action, all characters are incredibly charismatic, the set pieces/cinematography and CGI is fantastic. Theres very little to complain for me about it. Sure, it deviates a lot from the source material but it made me care about characters I didnt care for one bit. Came as a surprise tbh.

Winter Soldier on the other hand has (for me) the best plot, tone wise feels unique compared to other MCU films, it has a very strong screenplay, the narrative structure of the film is flawless. The action is fantastically choreographed/edited and mantains the special effects quality and comedy that distinguishes the entire MCU. Just very enjoyable.

In no particular order, I'd put Civil War, Ragnarok, Iron Man (1) and Infinity War after those 2.

Civil War & Thor: Ragnarok.

I also think that Iron Man 3 doesn't get enough love. Shane Black is such an underrated director (as long as he's not making a Predator movie)

d21lewis said:

Avengers always felt like the Tony Stark show. I like the character but I didn't have the comics history ingrained in me. Before IM1, he was actually a mid tier character in my head. The MCU basically made him their Wolverine (Where Wolverine's popularity pretty much made him the ultimate hero or even the leader in different media) and it turned me off.

He most definitely was mid tier. Back in the day when comics series actually continued and it wasn't a series of relaunched #1s, Cap, Thor and IronMan's own books were always side stories of their main stories in Avengers. The biggest comic series for Marvel were X-men, Spider-man and Avengers as you know (as seen when they launched the Ultimate line as these were the books they made 'Ultimate', not stand alone Cap or Ironman books). As opposed to DC where Batman, Supes and others own books were ahead of JLA. Or maybe this is just my opinion.

Hmm, pie.

mZuzek said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I think Infinity War takes the cake with Winter Soldier and Civil War coming close behind. I'm still amazed at how well all the storylines fit together in IW. There's so many characters in various places but it never feels like a mess like Age of Ultron did. Thanos is a great vilain and he delivers thrilling fight scenes as well as emotional moments.

I guess the difference between them is that most of the storylines in Age of Ultron were pointless, such as the Natasha/Bruce relationship and that random Korean doctor girl (seriously, what was the deal with her?), whereas every storyline in Infinity War is there for a reason we can quickly understand and involves characters we already know and care about, so it's that much easier to give everything meaning.

Don't forget that half-assed Thor storyline. "I'm going to take a bath and disappear for most of the movie"

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Answer: all of the above * (except uh...Dark World, still need to see that one at some point, not in a rush though)

Iron Man 1: Jon Favreau, this man deserves so much credit.
Incredible Hulk: Tim Roth is one of my favorite actors. I was fine with Ang Lee's version.
Iron Man 2: 1st-appearance of Black Widow, 1st-appearance of War Machine, briefcase suit.
Thor: Hawkeye cameo?
Captain America: The First Avenger: authentic introduction of character, I can do this all day, and I love Hugo Weaving.
Avengers 1: Wow from Start to Finish. Can I please watch that again? What, Best Buy has a light-up shadow box!!!!?
Iron Man 3: Rescue confirmed; with sneak peek.
Thor: The Dark World: um...I need to see that at some point. maybe?
Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Holy moly from Start to Finish. Yes, I'll take 3 copies in SteelBook, thank you! Plus a movie poster as well.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Family, and way exceeded my expectations. The music and cast-mix was perfect! Also start of the MCU emotional roller-coaster with feels.
Avengers: Age of Ultron: Awesome from Start to Finish. Oh, what!! You killed off QuickSilver? Bunch of bleep-bleeps!! Nooooo...
Ant-Man: Funny from Start to Finish. I loved Paul Rudd's take on the character, and Michael Pena's Luis stole every scene. He is so good!
Captain America: Civil War: Legends in the Making. From comic books to Ultimate Alliance, now on the Big Screen! Plus, new Spider-Man introduction, OMG! Floored.
Dr. Strange: Very difficult to do well, but they pulled it off. Highlights include the cape, Tilda Swinton, and Mads Mikkelsen.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2: one-word: Yondu (you know what I mean...) nuff said.
Spider-Man: Homecoming: I bought the 3D Blu-Ray combo pack for multiple viewings. Need I say more?
Thor Ragnarok: Thor re-booted, thank the Gods..., and thank you Taika Waititi!! Perfect from Start to Finish.
Black Panther: Wakanda FOREVAH!! Shuri and Killmonger were my highlights.
Avengers: Infinity War (part I): Over 25 years in the making. I waited my entire life for this film, ever since Infinity Gauntlet (circa 1992). I left in a mess.
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Evangeline Lilly, Michael Pena, and Paul Rudd. I need them in more films together. Plus the scenes with Cassie, young Hope, and Janet were endearing.
Captain Marvel: Vers, Yon-Rogg, Supreme Intelligence, Kree, Ben Mendelsohn, Carol's story, special effects, and space scenes. And...the music and score...OMG. Even the trailers were amazing!!

Last but not least, Avengers: EndGame: Closure. Absolute perfection. Film-Making at their finest. Now...about that Infinity Gauntlet Blu-Ray Collection... :)

The rest are puny

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Thor: A Dark World...

I await the flamebait...

mZuzek said:
AsGryffynn said:
Thor: A Dark World...

I await the flamebait...

Not sure I get what you're trying to say. Your post is the flamebait.

This is what I was referring to. People hate that film even though it's my favorite. I hate colorful MCU and miss the grit that film had. 

mZuzek said:

slab_of_bacon said:

The rest are puny

Your opinion is so bad it killed the thread.

"bump"

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch