By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - What's your favorite MCU movie, and why?

 

Favorite sub-series?

Iron Man 1 3.23%
 
Thor 2 6.45%
 
Captain America 7 22.58%
 
Avengers 11 35.48%
 
Guardians of the Galaxy 7 22.58%
 
Ant-Man 0 0%
 
Other (1-film long) 3 9.68%
 
Total:31

I have within the last month watched all of the MCU movies(minus Captain Marvel), and I loved the GoTG movies the most. I can't put my finger on why, but it just seems like they did everything right. Can't wait for 3,

Last edited by MasonADC - on 05 June 2019

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Probably Avengers 3 (haven’t seen 4 yet). I’m not really a huge MCU fan, my favorite Marvel movie is pre-MCU, Spider-Man 2.

Go see Avengers Endgame and help contribute it to getting the #1 spot!!! lol Honestly, even though you may not be a big MCU fan I think its definitely worth watching on the big screen.

---

OT:  Hard to say which is my favorite but I know I definitely enjoyed the first Iron Man and Winter Soldier a lot.



I think Infinity War takes the cake with Winter Soldier and Civil War coming close behind. I'm still amazed at how well all the storylines fit together in IW. There's so many characters in various places but it never feels like a mess like Age of Ultron did. Thanos is a great vilain and he delivers thrilling fight scenes as well as emotional moments.



Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
I think Infinity War takes the cake with Winter Soldier and Civil War coming close behind. I'm still amazed at how well all the storylines fit together in IW. There's so many characters in various places but it never feels like a mess like Age of Ultron did. Thanos is a great vilain and he delivers thrilling fight scenes as well as emotional moments.

I guess the difference between them is that most of the storylines in Age of Ultron were pointless, such as the Natasha/Bruce relationship and that random Korean doctor girl (seriously, what was the deal with her?), whereas every storyline in Infinity War is there for a reason we can quickly understand and involves characters we already know and care about, so it's that much easier to give everything meaning.



Cap is my favorite Marvel character and, while the first one was decent, the second and third turned him into the character I knew and loved. Seeing it on screen was awesome.

Avengers always felt like the Tony Stark show. I like the character but I didn't have the comics history ingrained in me. Before IM1, he was actually a mid tier character in my head. The MCU basically made him their Wolverine (Where Wolverine's popularity pretty much made him the ultimate hero or even the leader in different media) and it turned me off.



Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network

Both Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier.
GOG personally, I feel has the best balance between comedy and action, all characters are incredibly charismatic, the set pieces/cinematography and CGI is fantastic. Theres very little to complain for me about it. Sure, it deviates a lot from the source material but it made me care about characters I didnt care for one bit. Came as a surprise tbh.

Winter Soldier on the other hand has (for me) the best plot, tone wise feels unique compared to other MCU films, it has a very strong screenplay, the narrative structure of the film is flawless. The action is fantastically choreographed/edited and mantains the special effects quality and comedy that distinguishes the entire MCU. Just very enjoyable.

In no particular order, I'd put Civil War, Ragnarok, Iron Man (1) and Infinity War after those 2.



Civil War & Thor: Ragnarok.

I also think that Iron Man 3 doesn't get enough love. Shane Black is such an underrated director (as long as he's not making a Predator movie)



d21lewis said:

Avengers always felt like the Tony Stark show. I like the character but I didn't have the comics history ingrained in me. Before IM1, he was actually a mid tier character in my head. The MCU basically made him their Wolverine (Where Wolverine's popularity pretty much made him the ultimate hero or even the leader in different media) and it turned me off.

He most definitely was mid tier. Back in the day when comics series actually continued and it wasn't a series of relaunched #1s, Cap, Thor and IronMan's own books were always side stories of their main stories in Avengers. The biggest comic series for Marvel were X-men, Spider-man and Avengers as you know (as seen when they launched the Ultimate line as these were the books they made 'Ultimate', not stand alone Cap or Ironman books). As opposed to DC where Batman, Supes and others own books were ahead of JLA. Or maybe this is just my opinion.



Hmm, pie.

mZuzek said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I think Infinity War takes the cake with Winter Soldier and Civil War coming close behind. I'm still amazed at how well all the storylines fit together in IW. There's so many characters in various places but it never feels like a mess like Age of Ultron did. Thanos is a great vilain and he delivers thrilling fight scenes as well as emotional moments.

I guess the difference between them is that most of the storylines in Age of Ultron were pointless, such as the Natasha/Bruce relationship and that random Korean doctor girl (seriously, what was the deal with her?), whereas every storyline in Infinity War is there for a reason we can quickly understand and involves characters we already know and care about, so it's that much easier to give everything meaning.

Don't forget that half-assed Thor storyline. "I'm going to take a bath and disappear for most of the movie"



Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
mZuzek said:

I guess the difference between them is that most of the storylines in Age of Ultron were pointless, such as the Natasha/Bruce relationship and that random Korean doctor girl (seriously, what was the deal with her?), whereas every storyline in Infinity War is there for a reason we can quickly understand and involves characters we already know and care about, so it's that much easier to give everything meaning.

Don't forget that half-assed Thor storyline. "I'm going to take a bath and disappear for most of the movie"

Actually, I had forgotten.

Damn, it was a better life a couple minutes ago.