By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Revealed. October 25th Release Date. Crossplay and No Season Pass

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-30-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-will-have-crossplay-support-no-season-pass Cross play and no season pass.

Last edited by jason1637 - on 30 May 2019

Around the Network

Damn, no season pass and cross-play are huge. I just finished playing the original Modern Warfare Remastered about a month ago and it's still great to this day so if this can truly go back to the MW-MW2 style/era of Call of Duty this is gonna be fantastic. I'm hyped!

Cross Play! That's probably the best thing they could have announced as hopefully this means if I get it on PC I can actually use a gamepad.

Around the Network

Do you have the ability to play as a police officer?

XD84 said:
Do you have the ability to play as a police officer?

No. People who got the chance to preview the game are saying you play as a child soilder during a London terrorist attack.

Cross-play between consoles?

KLAMarine said:
Cross-play between consoles?

and PC

Shadow1980 said:
Wow. They're finally using a new engine for the first time ever. They've been using the IW Engine since CoD2, which was originally based on the now 20-year-old id Tech 3 engine (which was used in the original game). Granted, the version(s) of the IW Engine used in current-gen CoD titles is considerably different and upgraded from older versions, but as far as I'm aware this is the first time a CoD game has used an entirely new engine. And it looks great. No season passes is a plus, too.

I may actually pick up a copy... used, for cheap, because it's still CoD and I doubt even with upgrades I'd want to pay $60 new for it (never been a big fan of the series, and I've only played the MP for CoD2, CoD4, and Black Ops 1, and not a ton of it, either).

Indeed... And she looks impressive! Photogrammetry gives it some fine details as well... Plus extensive use of Tessellation.

Definitely going to pick up a copy... Nice to see Activision putting in some real effort for our coin, there are more high-quality video games for the consumer to choose from these days.

FloatingWaffles said:

Damn, no season pass and cross-play are huge. I just finished playing the original Modern Warfare Remastered about a month ago and it's still great to this day so if this can truly go back to the MW-MW2 style/era of Call of Duty this is gonna be fantastic. I'm hyped!

Shame that Modern Warfare remastered was never Xbox One X enhanced... Only thing that has stopped me from giving it a play.
The game it was bundled with was though (Infinite Warfare) which is ironic... Might have to grab it for Playstation instead.

Barkley said:
flashfire926 said:

campaign is confirmed to be returning.

Don't know why they'd bother though, as expected the removal of campaign did nothing for BO4 sales despite the vocal minority online. People just don't care and I assume the Campaign is quite expensive to make.

<SNIP>

I know that Activision expected sales to be higher... But perhaps the sales legs just weren't there?

Either way, doesn't really matter, for me.
The game needs it's campaign for me to grab a copy, whether the game sells good or not doesn't really matter.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--