By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How long until the House of Representatives begins Impeachment Hearings against the President of the United States?

How long until Impeachmeant Hearings Begin, if at all?

1-3 Days 0 0%

4-6 Days 0 0%

1-2 Weeks 3 11.11%

2-4 Weeks 0 0%

1-2 Months 3 11.11%

2-4 Months 0 0%

4-6 Months 2 7.41%

6 Months to 1 Year 2 7.41%

Never 15 55.56%

I hate Politics but I hav... 2 7.41%

Total:27

Robert Mueller has delivered a final speech regarding his findings as part of his appointment as Special Counsel.  He has stated that even if Congress brings him in to testify that his responses will only be the same as what is contained within his Report.  As of today he has resigned his office and steps back into private life.

So my question to all here, be you American or International, educated on the subject or not, what would you guess is the timeline until Impeachment Hearings will commence if at all?

I am positive this thread will not contain jovial, kind hearted discussions on a factual basis only, and I resign myself to the fact that it may be shut down or that it may incite antagonism.  I personally won't engage in the fracas and am only creating this thread for the sake of the raw numbers of the poll to guage sentiment of those who frequent the Politics Forum here on VGC.

We are at a curious place in American history and I know that it isn't arrogant to state that the entire world is watching the actions within our country with interest, consternation, and bewilderment, regardless of which side you find to be in the right, and which side the wrong.   

Around the Network

The House Dems won't pull the trigger... It would only help Trump in the end.

I mean, in any other situation this would look bad for any other president but Trump has evaded every dire situation thrown at him at the expense of those who did his dirty work for him. Nancy Pelosi isn't going to go forward with Impeachment and I think that's smart, she knows it's not going to go anywhere.

Even after Muller's speech, Trump will still say "No Obstruction" when that simply isn't the case based off of Muller's final speech. And spineless Republicans and Democrats will run with it and Trump won't get impeached, he'll win the 2020 election and from there we pray he doesn't do anything disastrous during those 4 years. Thank God you can only serve 2 terms.

He will face consequences when he steps down of office and not any time sooner.

At this point does it matter? Trump will not be getting another term. Just wait it out.

Around the Network

It will never happen in Trump Land. President Donald Trump is infallible, he is untouchable and he will never be impeached.

Never. The Mueller report is a 400 page long nothing burger. Not fan of Trump. But dems better let this circus behind.

Donald J. Trump has always been a larger than life character and he loves being the in public spotlight and has wasted(invested) billions on self promotion and he has used bankruptcy 4 or 5 times to save on taxes and avoid paying debt.
Trump has a Godlike presence and he claims to be above everyone including the Queen. We have all seen how he acts like a jerk towards various leaders, aggressive handshakes and siding up with the dodgy Kim Jong-Un just to annoy the big political and business leaders of this world.
Trump is like Teflon, nothing has ever stuck to him. Trump is infallible and untouchable.

No reason to force a decisive confrontation that would absolve an opponent once and for all in the eyes of the public. Instead, let the issue linger as long as possible while worrying it like a terrier.

If they are going to, Nov 8th, to coincide with the launch of Death Stranding and it's divided America theme.