By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony announces Twisted Metal TV series for upcoming PlayStation Productions

Might watch it. Unless it's more of a horror TV show. But a new twisted metal game would be cool if. Doesn't need to be AAA. Just a very fun AA games with continued support.

Around the Network

As long as it isn't "Powers" TV show quality I'll give it a chance.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

KLAMarine said:
Why Twisted Metal?

With you here. Maybe it will be good. My expectations are low though. I have vague recollections of the character "stories" from the early games. Seems like a flimsy foundation for a TV series, and harsh as it sounds, amounts to answers to questions nobody asked. It will have to be almost 100% original material. The Twisted Metal name will essentially be ballast. If that.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mar1217 said:
If you don't include Spidey. Usually their cinematographic pieces aren't exactly of the best. I don't know if they produced any other series before though ...

People are maybe a bit hard on them. Historically, they've had a pretty decent run. The original Ghostbusters. Terminator 2. It's surprisingly difficult to find a comprehensive list. The best one I found only goes back to the early 2000's. I wasn't a much of a fan of MIB or The DaVinci Code, but they were successful.  And you can't really exclude Spidey. There were 5 successful films. Including the maligned Spider-Man 3, which actually made more money than any other entry! Blade Runner 2049. They did all the Daniel Craig Bond movies. Baby Driver. Django Unchained. Jumanji and Venom were huge .....There's more to be sure, but that will do.  Not just objective successes, but stuff that I liked personally. Like The Interview.

There's been a ton of crap though. No doubt. And since I'm doing this, I'd just like to say that I thought Spider-Man: Homecoming, was fucking garbage.

:)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

UGh , i thought they are announcing new Twisted Metal games . Finger cross , i hope they are really making a new sequel to the games.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
KLAMarine said:
Why Twisted Metal?

With you here. Maybe it will be good. My expectations are low though. I have vague recollections of the character "stories" from the early games. Seems like a flimsy foundation for a TV series, and harsh as it sounds, amounts to answers to questions nobody asked. It will have to be almost 100% original material. The Twisted Metal name will essentially be ballast. If that.

Well, they DO have backstories for each of the characters, so there's that, I guess. Sweet Tooth, for instance was a serial killer who tried to kill his sister. I don't know if they're gonna go with that in the TV series or if they're gonna (almost?) completely rewrite everyone's origins, including his. It'll still be... interesting, to say the least how they'll manage to fit that and car death matches in a TV show that'll almost certainly span across multiple seasons, which BTW, how's that gonna work? The games are literal car death matches where everyone drives around the city and shoots each other with weaponized vehicles until there's only one person left standing. It'll be interesting to see how they're gonna pull that off in a TV series with the potential for multiple seasons. They'll no doubt have to change the "format" of the car death matches since there will certainly be more than one.

CaptainExplosion said:
They better get the right actor to play Sweet Tooth/Needles Kane.

A lot of people forget that Sweet Tooth is the name of his truck and Needles is the name of the driver.

Oh really? I didn't know that. I thought Sweet Tooth was his code name/identity, especially since Calypso referred to Kane as Sweet Tooth in his ending for Twisted Metal (2012). He even calls himself Sweet Tooth.

I still can't believe we never got a sequel on PS4, they set it up perfectly. I also love how they featured Rob Zombie on the PS1 games' soundtrack, namely Twisted Metal 3.

Love both of these songs. I hope they do his story justice in the TV series. I wonder if it'll be as grim and bloody as in Twisted Metal: Black and the PS3 Twisted Metal.