By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft cloud powering games on PS5/Switch with Destructible envornments ?

Would Microsoft let Sony/Nintendo use feature? you want it?

Yes , I'm Excited for pow... 1 20.00%

No It's Microsoft exclusive 4 80.00%

Total:5

Yes

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Useing the cloud for part of a game, like destruction is silly and a waste imo.

It just needs to be good enough to run games via streaming and thats it.
Crackdown 3 usage is borderline shamefull. Destruction wasnt even that impressive in the end.

If they start doing such for single player games, it ll be viewed as DRM and consumers probably wont be happy.
If it serves any purpose for multiplayer, is yet to be determined.
In crackdown 3 theres huge slow downs and lag, if things get hectic ingame (multiplayer modes).

Honestly with how powerfull the PS5/XB2 is looking to be..... do you even need to do this via the cloud?

Traditional destruction animations are cheaper and quicker to do than cloud animations. Nobody cares if the destruction is some actual representation of real life physics, made on a cloud server. They care if it looks cool, and is lag-free.

dx11332sega said:
JRPGfan said:

Useing the cloud for part of a game, like destruction is silly and a waste imo.

It just needs to be good enough to run games via streaming and thats it.
Crackdown 3 usage is borderline shamefull. Destruction wasnt even that impressive in the end.

If they start doing such for single player games, it ll be viewed as DRM and consumers probably wont be happy.
If it serves any purpose for multiplayer, is yet to be determined.
In crackdown 3 theres huge slow downs and lag, if things get hectic ingame (multiplayer modes).

Honestly with how powerfull the PS5/XB2 is looking to be..... do you even need to do this via the cloud?

I'd give it to a better dev see how it turns out ?

We don't know if PS5 can do this without cloud? Though , I thought it was possible Sony first party to emulate a better version of red faction from Ps3 to one of there games on ps4 it hasn't happened . Though , Sumo digital is no naughty dog? but who knows maybe naughty dog might end up just as bad if they did destructible environments ??

8-core Ryzen is infinitely more capable than an 8-core Jaguar... Destruction and simulation quality effects like Physics should be a big focus next gen.

Less of a need for the cloud to assist in those tasks next gen than this gen because of that.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Red Faction had destructible environments 10 years ago or so. Now if that looked col back then why wouldn't a modern console be able to do it even better and without the need for the cloud?

Around the Network

We don't need the cloud to do this ...

This nonsense again..... after a whole gen we didn't see a single game using this "cloud" enhanced physics nonsense and at the turn of a new gen talkof, it has started popping up again?

Did they ever implement that cloud "boost" on the XB1 or was that all bs PR? I believe they are closer to reality now. Am I only one that doesn't like the catch word cloud? They are fucking servers not some magical cloud.

I preffer they keep the cloud out of my games.

Now if they use cloud to enhance MP portions of the game so it run closer to the SP but with higher fps, or have more destructions ok.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

0D0 said:
PS4 is getting very close to 100m.

At this point, we won't have any release that could help us see any significant increase in sales this year.

sethnintendo said:
Did they ever implement that cloud "boost" on the XB1 or was that all bs PR? I believe they are closer to reality now. Am I only one that doesn't like the catch word cloud? They are fucking servers not some magical cloud.

-Not really. I'm surprised you aren't aware of Crackdown 3 since you're such an active, long time member. That game was the showcase for cloud assisted processing on the XBO. It didn't do much to impress. So yes, it was all bs PR as it pertains to what they promised that game would be able do, and how much of a boost it would give to the XBO processing power. It wasn't even close.

- I'm not very fond of the term either. I do use it though, since it's become such a staple of the the gaming lexicon. 

Lol. A quote from a different thread  go mixed up here. That's a new one. Sorry 0D0.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."