By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My e-mail account got hacked, received blackmail and I have only two days to pay up!

There's a counter to this: Tell him you paid up, with some fake account number, and make them spend time and money trying to find out, where that money went.

These guys should tell you how, if they don't do it for you, even: https://www.419eater.com/

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Thoughts?

You don't give money to evil people, just go to the police, who cares if your relatives found out what you do on your comp. This is an easy decision.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

RolStoppable said:

Today I noticed that one of my e-mail accounts got hacked. There was a weird e-mail where my account was both the sender and recipient, and it started with the hacker pointing that fact out as proof of his success. He also told me that it would be pointless to contact the provider of the e-mail service or the police, because he has covered his tracks so well that they wouldn't be able to find him. I was pretty scared when I read that, because his German was so broken that I imagined he must be the kind of super tough guy who went through second grade in elementary school four years in a row before he got kicked from the school and needed to learn how to survive on the streets.

The hacker's e-mail continued by making me aware that he knows my browser history, plus he planted a tool on my computer that allows him to control my webcam. He alluded that I should know where this is going, but I was actually stumped. I read on and he began to talk about websites that host adult entertainment, congratulating me for my great taste. I felt pretty good about myself at that point, because a compliment was something that I didn't expect; this hacker might not be a bad guy, after all.

But then he said that he created videos that show both what I was watching and also a feed of myself while I was watching adult content. He demanded that I pay him €1000 in bitcoins within the next two days, otherwise he will send the videos to my relatives as well as colleagues at work. I vaguely remembered reading about people from Nigeria years ago. African people who do this kind of malicious stuff, hence why it is called blackmail.

In my attempt to get the money ready, I immediately undusted my NES and hooked it up to an old CRT TV to play Super Mario Bros. 3. While I had a great time with the game, I felt that I was doing something wrong after about an hour. Every time I had collected 100 8-bit coins, the counter reset to 0. I went back to read the e-mail again for better instructions, only to experience two shocking revelations: The e-mail was already two months old and there were another three of the same kind in the following seven weeks. What can I say, I don't check this specific e-mail account very often.

So now I am unsure how much money I actually owe to the hacker. In the second and third e-mail, he wanted another €1000 each. In the last one he asked me for $1000, this time the whole message was written in English. Does he now want dollars instead of Euro, or do I have to pay him €3000 and $1000?

Thinking about this whole situation made me realize that it might be connected to events that confused me in recent times. Last month I got a strange phone call from my mom where it sounded like she was crying and she mumbled that I should know that she will always love me, no matter what. About two weeks ago one of my male colleagues at work walked towards me with a big grin on his face and gave me a high-five, saying that I should keep the fantastic recommendations coming. Two female colleagues seem to actively avoid eye contact with me. My boss granted me the raise that I had been asking for since November of last year.

Thoughts?

Hey m8, i'm gonna type to you in a message. this sounds like a scam i've seen before.

there are ways we can actually see if he has compromised your account, but need to get some info from you.
going to ask you some thing in a private in a sec. (i work with these kinds of things)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

The hacker’s. not very bright. €1000 is more than a $1000.

#ImWayTooSeriousForThis

Around the Network

Tell him you invented time travel and have gone back in time and setup a trap in your email to trace him.

This probably sounded a lot better in your head.

Yeah I agree with Bajablo, are you 100% sure that he hacked you? There has been a lot of scams like that going around. I reread your text rolstobbale and I don't think he actually manage to hack you, he is just pretending.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

ok, for anyone else (rol is just making a fun thread)
if you need to know if someone is actually using your account to send stuff. get your email headers from the email. put them in this tool to visualize it:
https://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx

to find the headers:
for google:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/29436?hl=en

if you use outlook to access the mails:
https://www.technipages.com/outlook-2016-view-message-headers

if you are using something else you should be able to find it by similar method, you can google "how to show email headers"

this is an example of something i sent to myself on my gmail account (scrolled down to the headers part):

it did not get transfered over the internet, since it was from my account to myself, it does not show any information about the sender etc.

this is a legit mail:

you have the sender, the senders IP, if they succeeded some antispam-checks or not. reply addresses.. and so on..

so yeah.. if you get shit and think about paying (not in rol's case.. he just made a funny thread) please check if you are actually hacked or not.. if it shows up as this long trail of different servers etc. it did not come from your own email account, a mail that gets sent to yourself does not get 'stamped' on the internet, it just lands in your mailbox with no other info than you were both the sender & receiver.

Ok, im done..

Last edited by Bajablo - on 15 May 2019

10/10 would jerk it to the videos that OP's hacker sent me again!

Nothing quite like watching Rol blasting rope to 12 open tabs of Excel ripe with sales data on various canned foods.... I never knew that was my fetish as well.

Out of interest... when you high fived your co worker.... approx how long did it take ye to unstick yer hands?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive