By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Pokemon Detective Pikachu Highest Opening for Videogame Movie

Tagged games:

Mar1217 said:
Flilix said:

Eh, the metascore is still only 52. One slightly less awful movie doesn't mean things are going to change.

I don't think the use of metacritic for this movie is wholeheartedly justifiable when you got critics who panned it for not knowing some of the Pokémons.

Audiences seem to like it and I really wouldn't listen to critics on this type of movie. Some of the critiques were quite frankly hilarious

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
Glad the videogame to movies curse is gone.

Haha! Now watch all of Sony's upcoming video game movies fail (if they even release).

1. The Angry Birds Movie 2
2. Devil May Cry
3. God of War
4. Gran Turismo
5. Infamous
6. Just Dance
7. The Last of Us
8. Metal Gear Solid
9. Monster Hunter
10. Rabbids
11. Resident Evil Reboot
12. RollerCoaster Tycoon
13. Shadow of the Colossus
14. Sly Cooper
15. Uncharted
16. Watch Dogs

Replicant said:
dx11332sega said:
Glad the videogame to movies curse is gone.

Haha! Now watch all of Sony's upcoming video game movies fail (if they even release).

2. Devil May Cry
3. God of War
4. Gran Turismo
5. Infamous
6. Just Dance
7. The Last of Us
8. Metal Gear Solid
9. Monster Hunter
10. Rabbids
11. Resident Evil Reboot
12. RollerCoaster Tycoon
14. Sly Cooper
15. Uncharted
16. Watch Dogs

I clicked on inFamous and God of War. I think it's safe to seal the files on that inFamous article from a decade ago. :) Just glad the God Of War article had the original Pacific Rim writers attached to it, and not the writers from the sequel. To be fair, I didn't watch Pacific Rim 2, but that's because it looked soul-crushingly bad.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Replicant said:

2. Devil May Cry
3. God of War
4. Gran Turismo
5. Infamous
6. Just Dance
7. The Last of Us
8. Metal Gear Solid
9. Monster Hunter
10. Rabbids
11. Resident Evil Reboot
12. RollerCoaster Tycoon
14. Sly Cooper
15. Uncharted
16. Watch Dogs

I clicked on inFamous and God of War. I think it's safe to seal the files on that inFamous article from a decade ago. :) Just glad the God Of War article had the original Pacific Rim writers attached to it, and not the writers from the sequel. To be fair, I didn't watch Pacific Rim 2, but that's because it looked soul-crushingly bad.

To be fair, I've only watched 3 of the existing video game movies that Sony was involved in (Resident Evil 1, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV) and I enjoyed all 3 so I guess some of the upcoming movies could turn out to be enjoyable as well.

Angry Birds (produced by Sony owned Columbia Pictures, distributed by Sony Pictures)
Company of Heroes (produced by Sony owned Destination Films, distributed by Sony Pictures)
Dead Rising: Endgame (distributed by Sony owned Crackle)
Dead Rising: Watchtower (distributed by Sony owned Crackle)
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (distributed by Sony owned Columbia Pictures)
Heavenly Sword (distributed by Sony Pictures)
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (distributed by Sony Pictures)
Last Order: Final Fantasy VII (distributed by Sony Pictures)
Mass Effect: Paragon Lost (distributed by Sony owned Funimation)
PaRappa the Rapper (produced by Sony owned A-1 Picture, distributed by Sony owned Aniplex)
Persona 3: The Movie 1-4 (produced by Sony owned A-1 Picture, distributed by Sony owned Aniplex)
Persona 4: The Animation (produced by Sony owned A-1 Picture, distributed by Sony owned Aniplex)
Persona 5: The Animation (produced by Sony owned A-1 Picture, distributed by Sony owned Aniplex)
Ratchet & Clank (distributed by Sony Pictures)
Resident Evil Life Action Series (distributed by Sony owned Screen Gems)
Resident Evil: Damnation (distributed by Sony Pictures)
Resident Evil: Degeneration (distributed by Sony Pictures)
Slender Man (produced by Sony owned Screen Gems, distributed by Sony Pictures)
Valkyria Chronicles (produced by Sony owned A-1 Picture, distributed by Sony owned Aniplex)