By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everbodies Golf VR. 78 on Opencritic with 55 reviews. 76 Metacritic.

Wish i had vr to try it.

Around the Network

Hm. Forgot about this one. Is it structured similarly to the mainline games? I found the single player in World Invitational to be quite good. Until the difficulty curve got so steep I wanted to punch my head into a wall. MP was fun, but frantic to the point it was almost comical, with up to 8 players often racing through courses at a ridiculous pace. I had my fun with it to be sure, but got to a point where I didn't have much trouble giving up on the SP "story mode" due to it's difficulty.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

i try it this weekend :)

I've played 57 holes over the last two days. This is the best golf game to date. It is a bit more forgiving than real life, but it is still a challange.

I have the same flaws in the game as I do in the real thing. I slice every couple Tee shots, and I have a bad habit of pulling Putts to the left, and the Game captures this perfectly.

So far I have unlocked 2 of the 3 available courses. I look forward to putting in 18 to 36 holes a day going forard for at least the next couple of weeks. Right now I am actually getting out and doing the real thing with the weather being nicer. This will have even more value come fall and winter. I hate playing in the rain and the cold. Now I can play all year long.

The coolest thing, is this is just scratching the surface. Next gen is going to be absolutley incredible if we get a full Everybody's Golf, and an Official PGA Tour VR game. We are 2 1/2 years from PSVR launch, and I am still amazed by it day after day, week after week, and month after month. With the line-up due out over the next month, I'm sure I will continue to be very pleased with this platform.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

No, but my two friends have PSVR at home :) Thats why i can play it. @John2290
Golf is not my sport, but i like the design. the characters looks funny : D And i played Golf in Yakuza Kiwami 2 ^^

Around the Network
John2290 said:
I've played like 80+ holes now and still havn't unlocked 18 holes, don't mind playing 9 in then 9 out but it'a just annoying to have to calculate the score yourself. I suck though, best I got on a 9 hole was +4.

I just unlocked 18H after 84 Holes Played. I think you have to complete 9in and 9out on all three courses to unlock it. I played the 18H on the 1st course and scored a +3. I'll play the other two tomorrow. I'm hoping for a little better club set to unlock, as the standard set is a bit short for the last course. Still enjoying it overall.

Only complaint I have is that it is too accurate with my inability to putt. I should have been able to go -2, but I ended up 2 and 3 putting a couple holes due to pulling my putts to the left. No matter how hard I try to tell myself to hit it right, I always end up just missing the cup to the left here, and in real life. 

I have a family party going on this weekend, so I am going to unlock all three courses on my PSVR Demo account as well, so that everyone can give it a try. Maybe it will be enough for a few fence sitters to finally pick up a unit. We are a pretty big Golf and Bowling family. 

Next week can't come fast enough. Blood and Truth is my most anticipated game this generation. Everybody's Golf VR will be taking the back seat for a couple of days once that arrives.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Played Two Sessions of 36 Holes already today. Ended up shooting a +15 on the Sea Side Course in 18H, a +4 in the Dinsouar Course in 18H off the regular Tee's in my first session. Then I came back and played The Forest Course and ended up with -2 on 18H from the Regular Tee's. Finally, I just finished my 1st round of 18H from the Long Tee's on The Forest, ended up shooting a +5. I unlocked the Big Air Clubs upon completeing the round.

I am taking a break now. So far I have played 174 Holes, and it keeps getting better. I have been able to work out a few of my flaws, and been able to start making shots to compensate for the wind, allowing me to land my iron shots closer to the pin. My speed on putts is getting better, and I have been able to stop pulling putts to the left as often.

Really looking forward to having family over to see how they like the experience. Then I am interested to see how my real life golf game plays out this week. I am actually terrible at real golf, usually shoot 110 - 120. I am good off the tee and with my long iron game, but I can't chip or putt for the life of me. Typically if I can get to the green in 2 I will finish in 5, but if I have to chip on my 3rd shot, it can take me 3 shots to get to the green, and then 3 putts, and you end up with a 9. My card is usually filled with 5's, 7's, and 9's. If this game can help my putting maybe I can shave 10 strokes or so off my score. I don't think there is any hope for my chipping game though.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

thats are many hours, guys!

i go today to my friend and have the chance to play it then.
the biggest problem is the time for me. catching up on so many interesting games and barely time :(

Well I liked the Everybody Golf, so the VR may be a very welcome addition.

Depending on the course I can put a -5 on 18 holes... I think I have cleared 50-75% of the game.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 27 May 2019

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well I liked the Everybody Golf, so the VR may be a very welcome addition.

Depending on the course I can put a -5 on 18 holes... I think I have cleared 50-75% of the game.

I've never played the traditional game but this seems to be a great deal more difficult. It isn't Everbodies Golf, it's Golf for those who are willing to take their time and gauge each stroke carefully and think ahead. I've seen people play EG tradionally like speed chess, that ain't happening here for a good while yet. 

Understood, and I certainly can't comment on how it plays or my score since I don't have the VR game yet =p

But seems like a good implementation.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."