By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Devil May Cry 1 coming to Switch this Summer

RolStoppable said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Depending on the price this isn't really that bad - if it's like $10. Could also mean you can skip and not pay for 2, which is the worst game I've ever played. If 3 comes out shortly after then no biggie.

(...)

Indeed, Capcom is offering a great deal here. Switch owners will be able to dodge a bullet.

No joke if Capcom is actually fair (they won't be) and only charge $10 or less for each game then you are getting a better deal and saving $10 compared to buying the regular collection digitally. DMC2 is not only awful but it was basically retconned out of the story. 

Still not an excuse for not offering a collection, hopefully that comes soon. 

Around the Network

While I enjoy the novelty of seeing various franchises come to the Switch which have never made an appearance on a Nintendo platform before, this still looks bad to me when you consider what all the other platforms are getting.

mZuzek said:
Sounds like a good time to get Astral Chain.

Man I'm salty we still haven't gotten more information on that. I'm usually a very patient man but it's releasing in less than 4 months and all we have is the reveal trailer!

So excited for E3!

They are only releasing this game so they can tell Sakurai that they fulfiled the "Only franchises that appeared on a Nintendo Console can join" rule. Dante is the next DLC character confirmed for Smash.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

mZuzek said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Man I'm salty we still haven't gotten more information on that. I'm usually a very patient man but it's releasing in less than 4 months and all we have is the reveal trailer!

So excited for E3!

I don't really mind, if anything I think it's cool we still know so little, makes it so much more exciting. I kinda wish it went like this all the way up until release, but yeah, E3 will happen.

Agreed.  So many people want to know so much about a game before it comes out (and movies).  You don't really need to know too much: Genre, Tone, Some Gameplay, Music, Developer(s) and hopefully a small review score to tell you if it's buggy and has a decent length.  Same can be said for movies.  You're not going to be in love with every game you play or movie you watch, but you're certainly going to know whether you'll enjoy the experience just by those scant details.  On the other hand, exposing too much information makes the rest of us feel like we've already played the game, watched the movie, and that there just aren't any surprises left.  And certainly it's the surprises that most of us enjoy.

Around the Network

It's cool that DMC is finally appearing on a Nintendo console and it appears to be fitting for it, especially with Bayonetta, Dante's sister in a way as developers from Platinum Games also developed DMC, is also on Switch with her first two games (and a third one coming up).

It is interesting, though, that Capcom decided to just port the first game rather than the HD collection, or even included the 4th game. Not sure how to feel as a Switch owner (and a PS4 owner). It's such a weird relationship between Nintendo and Capcom. I'm sure its a good relationship, but with the Switch mostly getting ports even compared to the Nintendo 3DS (which got new Ace Attorney games, new Monster Hunter games, having Resident Evil Revelations a temporary exclusive, and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, among others), it feels kinda awkward.