By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom just released a game on Nintendo Switch on a 16 GB Game Cart for $30 MSRP

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
JSG87 said:
The funny thing is I sold my switch to get a ps4 at the end of last year and this game is one of the psplus games this month. Great timing? Or a is Sony not playing nice 😂😂

Huh? I thought you were a big Nintendo fan?

Oh I am but since games got delayed and there were games that weren't coming to the platform I decided to get a ps4. I'll get a switch again at some point if I want it I guess.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

nuckles87 said:
We don’t know the economics of this. It’s possible that they are ordering them in larger bulks now, which would reduce the cost. It’s also very possible that the 16 gig cards are simply cheaper to produce now, which would make sense given we’re two years into the Switch’s lifespan and flash memory cost has gone down considerably.

Another possibility is that Capcom simply has more faith in the Switch now, and are willing to take less profit per game in order to reach a larger market.

But here's the thing--I'm a huge Dragons Dogma fan (This is my fourth time buying the game!). They've even given it away for free on PS+. There's just no way it's going to sell well. Even I know this. Capcom put it on a 16gb card and didn't charge much for it. That says a lot.

On a different note, what the fuck is up with the servers for this game!? I can't ever get my character online! She needs to make me some money before I win the game.

Sad, but probably true. It's nice to see some interest in this very thread at least. Ha. I loved DD:DA too. Never played the original, but my understanding is that there were a fair amount of improvements made.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wow, awsome news! They're learning!

routsounmanman said:
RolStoppable said:
If that is true, then the game must have slipped by Capcom's department dedicated to doing something wrong with Switch versions of their games.

No physical in Europe. They're infallible.

Nevermind.

Good news, maybe I will pick this up now

No physical in Europe?
Call me later.

Around the Network

I'm probably going to pick this up anyway but it is a bummer that they had to mess this up by not doing a physical release in Europe.

As resident of PAL Land, if I wanted this I'd just import a physical copy from NA.

That's the beauty of the system being region free. 

Not excusing the lack of a retail release here mind you, just saying that's one way around it.

A surprising number of my real friends have this game! I'm a little ashamed as they have probably seen my ultra slutty pawn...

I haven't been following gaming recently so apologies if I'm out of touch but how are Nintendo rom sizes calculated purely by saying they will be the same size as the download up to the nearest cartridge size or is there some sort of site that lists actual rom sizes? I had a quick google but couldn't find such a site.

For some of the older formats the download size was larger than the rom size, often more heavily encrypted but optimised for faster loading so took up more space.

Some of the Switch backups appear to be from the download file not the rom too which confuses the issue and I can't seem to find any obvious site that has a list of rom sizes. It looks like gbatemp might but isn't currently working or maybe it has been taken down.

Going back to the main subject matter surely if retail makes up such a tiny amount of sales they could if they wanted to even take a loss on each copy sold if the number of copies is going to be very low. Maybe Nintendo pushed them to sell some copies at retail but its just a tiny amount and the vast majority will be downloads. The reality is there are huge profits with downloads and very little with cartridges, by restricting cartridge sales you still look like you are supplying that market but you are forcing many to go digital. $30 doesn't seem a lot, these are customised cartridges and with everyone taking their cut it's slim pickens surely with a 16GB cartridge.