By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why does everyone suddenly say price point instead of price?

vivster said:
VAMatt said:

I completely disagree with this. It is important for people to understand how much of their purchase is going to the government. If that tax is simply buried in the stated price, it's just hidden from view.  I prefer that all prices be given without any sales or similar taxes included. People can then think about how much government is stealing from them when they do the mental math to figure out how much they'll actually have to pay.

See and this is why other countries do not have this completely wrong mindset. This practice of not including the tax that the customer has to pay anyway is completely driven by corporate greed and of course you're buying into it(pun intended). Because the real truth is that taxes aren't actually stealing. I know, bummer, right? They're one of the most normal things when living in a functioning social state. You know, a state that actually cares about its people.

I mean, shouldn't you be more angry that the tax you see displayed on the price tags of the things you buy from companies actually do not apply to the very same company? You're paying tax because they don't. You're trying to defend the very businesses that suck you dry, that don't pay taxes, which results in you paying even more. The taxes you're paying to stores won't even reach the government. So someone takes a bite out of the money that is actually meant to go to the government. You know what we call this here? Stealing.

But the smear campaign of corporations actually works, seeing how you're of the completely wrong assumption that it's all the government's fault and that it's stealing from you. Now go, run along and buy your misleadingly labeled cereal and pay the tax so that your precious companies don't have to.

I don't really know how to respond to your post. You show a fundamental misunderstanding of taxes, and basic economics.  We're already pretty far off topic.  So, I'll leave it at that, at least for this thread.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 24 April 2019

Around the Network

CGI asked you to elaborate, you ignored him. Locking.