By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom teasing "RESIDENT EVIL 3"

Hiku said:
melbye said:

If they can announce a game and update us on the status of the game then sure, but RE2 was announced as you mentioned in August 2015 and we didn't hear about it again until E3 2018. I'd rather not wonder if the game is still in development or not, that is in my opinion the worst.

But you'd rather wonder if the game will ever get made?

You'd be trading knowing that they went into development for the game, to not knowing anything. Very rarely do announced games get cancelled.
In this particular case, there'd be little reason to worry about a Resident Evil 3 Remake getting cancelled even if Capcom are silent about it for years. Since that was the route they chose for RE2.

And in a rare worst case scenario and it turns out to be one of the rare announced games that get cancelled, at least you know they tried, and they were aware we wanted it.
I don't know if I'll ever see a Suikoden 6, and I don't think they'll even ever give it a shot.

I have to admit it can be annoying to wonder if a certain game will ever get made, Pikmin 4 is one of those right now, but that is only true for niche franchises. We don't need an announcement to know that Resident Evil 8 will happen at some point

Around the Network

It could be DLC for the original PS1 game.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Historically my least favorite mainline re title BUT if they can make it scary and tense like RE2 Remake, I'm all on board.

Who am I kidding? It would be a day one purchase no matter what.

melbye said:
A little early isn't, unless they are actually further along than we ever expected

Its outsourced to another studio. Capcom themselves aren't directly working on it like they did with RE 2.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
melbye said:
A little early isn't, unless they are actually further along than we ever expected

Its outsourced to another studio. Capcom themselves aren't directly working on it like they did with RE 2.

That's just a rumor though, right? That sounds like a bad thing honestly. 

Around the Network

The Resident Evil 2 remake was essentially the foundation for creating remakes for the series.

It would be nice for all the classic (pre-RE4) games remade. So RE1, RE3, RE:CV and Zero come to mind.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

PwerlvlAmy said:
melbye said:

Oh, can only hope the studio they chose to make it is a good one then.

While I'll happily buy REmake 3 what I'm hoping for is a new Resident Evil game with the gameplay seen in REmake 2. That would be the best thing ever!

Signature goes here!