By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are exclusives anti-consumer?

Are exclusives Anti-Consumer?

Yes 15 15.31%

No 73 74.49%

Other 10 10.20%

Total:98

Of course they are. Exclusives are the worst of the worst. Except when they're on Steam or consoles. Then it's just normal business.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I want to answer with a question:
Do exclusive first party games have micro transactions?

Exclusives are anti-consumer when it ain't on your favourite platform.

XD84 said:

Yeah?
Halo 5 has microtransactions on Xbox One.
Team Fortress 2 has Microtransactions on Steam.
Battlefront 2 has Microtransactions on Origin.
Uncharted has Microtransactions on Playstation.

I could go on.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
XD84 said:

Yeah?
Halo 5 has microtransactions on Xbox One.
Team Fortress 2 has Microtransactions on Steam.
Battlefront 2 has Microtransactions on Origin.
Uncharted has Microtransactions on Playstation.

I could go on.

Thank you for your respond. I could not remember of any of them that is why I asked. 

Around the Network

Not in my opinion. Exclusives are the reason to own one console over another.

XD84 said:

No, they only have one macro transaction. A plastic box they force you to buy with it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yes, it is anti-consumer.

But it is pro-gamer.

Hunting Season is done...

For me exclusives are are gifts. They are companies paying large amounts of time and money, to the most talented developers, allowing them to put their full passion into a project. Regardless of whether you like a single platform, or every platform, exclusives are where the best experience is at on every platform.

I see multiplatform titles to be the truly anticonsumer games. Sure everyone has access to them, but most have no passion, and no soul. They are typically the lowest possible effort, for the largest possible return. Not only do they try to get cash up front from consumers on every device possible, but then they continue to try and milk consumers with never ending micro transactions.

If course there are exceptions on both sides, there are uninspired exclusives and genuinely passionate multiplats. It probably 80/20, 80% of exclusives are passion projects, with 20% made just to fill a spot in the line up. With multiplats it is 20% passion, and 80% just to fill a place in the market.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Megiddo said:
Simply put, there is no benefit to consumers for any flavor of exclusivity. Whereas if all games were available for all platforms it would allow any consumer to consume any game on the platform of their choice.

The answer is yes. Exclusives are pro-producer and anti-consumer. Kinda bewildered that almost 80% of people can't quite wrap their head around such a simple idea.

And if there were no exclusives you would not get even half of the games we call exclusive: exclusives are created to get attention, and if there was all just one big platform you would not see a Metroid game ever again, God of War wouldn't be half as good, and I can't see Microsoft bothering at all.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?