By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - GoT season 8 final episode 6 tonight. (spoiler discussion) Fin. The end... for ever. D&D can burn in the seven hells.

I'm...

Hyped. 24 55.81%

Mildly interested. 11 25.58%

Not bothered. 5 11.63%

/indifferent/not watched/other in comments. 3 6.98%

Total:43

I expect more pointless talking that leads to no real development in this episode. Maybe we'll get a brief battle scene but my expectations are near zero.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

New episode about to start very soon and I have 0 hype. :(

I realized today was the day and I feel nothing but shear dread. I gotta watch it for some reason but I really wish I had the strength not to. 

Must be because you are a completionist. At least that is me.

I came to this season expecting pretty much nothing. I came to the Long Night completely opened to the idea that the characters I thought deserved to last to very end could die for the cause in the battle of Winterfell because that is GoT, they give you the unexpected.

But what I didn't expect was for writers to rush into "character murder". Not killing a character, but murdering their character, and that is how I feel about what they are doing with the poor character development this season.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

NobleTeam360 said:
I expect more pointless talking that leads to no real development in this episode. Maybe we'll get a brief battle scene but my expectations are near zero.

I’m guessing most of the fighting will actually happen in this episode, with the final confrontation happening at the beginning of the last episode and then wrap up.  But I’m guessing this episode will be mostly battle sequences.

OMG hahaha. This is ten times more hilarious than I expected. At least music and cinematography are top notch.

Ding Dong!

Last edited by haxxiy - on 12 May 2019

I find it funny how many people are surprised by what danerys did. They've been blatantly setting this up since the first season.

Around the Network

I've had mixed feelings on this season so far. But this episode hit it out of the park. I have a few nitpicks, but overall great.

Marth said:
This was so stupid lol

Exactly this.  I was actually laughing out loud the whole episode.  Needless to say I have absolutely zero desire to watch the final episode now.

John2290 said:
It could have worked if they had spent more time developing it but they fidn't and it hasn't, I can imagine a parallel universe where I'm watching this as the penultimate episode and being blown away by it had they pushed parts of season 7, elogated this season and got the order of events right but most importantly developed the characters properly without cutaways. All the points are there, every brick in the wall is in the right place but each brick is a different type of stone and the cement holding them together is the excrement of the writing team.

Dany going nuts could have been epic it's such a pity it was presented the way it was. Arya going all the way to kings landing to turn back by the hounds protest, maybe but we now know it was just the writers placing her there so she can see what Dany has done, guess who'll kill Dany? I wonder who...

They might as well have killed Euron on his ship, what the fuck was that shit. They really love using the shore to conveniently place character's in this show.

Cleganes vengeance could have been great if it didm't hinge on so much other tathered nonsense around it and if Kyburns mqgic didn't just suddenly fail after all the mountain has done,ffs, he just saved Cersei with his head.

The visuals were great, at least there is that.

Dude, I feel like you are hacking my fucking head and writing stuff by me because I agree pretty much with almost everything you wrote here.

This episode was very good. I have no problem with a GoT character going to whichever direction any writer wants to take them as long as it feels right. And I don't think they nailed Dany's turn to the Dark Side.

After watching this episode I no longer feel like the writers ruined the characters but I still feel like they did ruin their journeys by possibly taking shortcuts and summarizing stuff to bring the show to an abrupt end (for whatever reason they may have had to rush things and end the show).

I still have problems with how Varys jumped to that abrupt conclusion of Dany and I don't agree with the abrupt change in Dany (they should have shown Dany making a real questionable decision in front of Varys about innocent people and written Dany not to be so much of an icon of justice and hope), But I kind of like the end result here in this episode.

Of course, I am not entirely sold 100% in everything in this episode. Some deaths or the way they came to be felt somewhat cheap and Euron, man, Euron feels like someone they tagged at the last minute, never fleshed out, and then ended up being a superfluous character. I think he had potential, a potential that could have possibly being realized with another season that I feel was extremely necessary for this show to allow events to breathe and unfold organically, but that didn't happen.

NightlyPoe said:

We do indeed have to agree to disagree.  Johnson tried to stretch Star Wars and challenge the audience.  I loved what he did in the Luke/Rey/Ben sections.  This guy really gets Star Wars.  Unfortunately, he seemed bored with the rest of the movie, the chase seen and Finn's BS, but my goodness, he nailed the Force and how to deconstruct and put back together Star Wars' basic principles.  Unfortunately, the internet kinda got hung up on "Luke wouldn't do that" nonsense despite Luke's motivations being carefully tailored to his character flaws in the Original Trilogy.

It's unfortunate, and we'll receive nothing but safe movies from here on out that will be bland, won't upset the fans anymore by stretching what the characters are beyond simplistic 2D characters, and we'll get stupid mystery boxes and fan service instead.

Rian Johnson made a complete joke out of Star Wars. He single-handedly destroyed the core of Star Wars: the Jedi. How can someone who supposedly "get's Star Wars" render the Padawan-Master relationship completely useless by making someone who ISN'T EVEN A JEDI completely make a joke of a Jedi Master like Luke Skywalker by defeating him and be shown to be wiser than him by getting the situation when Luke didn't.

There should be a difference between someone with affinity with the Force (potential), a Jedi, and a Jedi Master. If you can attain the power, the skills, the knowledge and get the idea of what is right as a Force sensitive person without any Jedi training, then there is ZERO need for the Jedi and the Jedi training, and the Jedi become a complete joke. Go back to Yoda telling Luke he needs more training and that he wasn't ready, go back to the Prequels and the excitement and prestige in the idea of becoming a Jedi. Go back to Anakin's outrage at not attaining the rank of Master, go back to Anakin who, in spite of being the Chosen One, gets his ass kicked by Obi-Wan a Jedi Master. All of those things are completely mocked and rendered useless with a Wonder Rey that needs no training to be the most AWESOMEST character EVER!

There is a before I was a Jedi and an after I became a Jedi, a clear distinction depicted between Episode V and VI. And Johnson in his quest to "subvert expectations" and make Wonder Rey the bastion of wonder murdered the Jedi and made a complete joke out of all the villains and all the potential threats in this trilogy to even care about any of it. And now they dust off the Emperor because they have no threat to excuse another movie.

A hero is as great as the challenges and difficulties he/she overcomes, and Wonder Rey has no match and no challenge.

Welp, there wasn't a ton of pointless talking but the whole episode felt overly drawn out of the dragon just torching the city, plus watching Arya run away for another 10 minutes was mind-numbing, like this whole season has been so far. Somehow the people in charge of those weapons on the wall and the ships went from expert marksmanship to the aim of NPCs from FF

NobleTeam360 said:

Welp, there wasn't a ton of pointless talking but the whole episode felt overly drawn out of the dragon just torching the city, plus watching Arya run away for another 10 minutes was mind-numbing, like this whole season has been so far. Somehow the people in charge of those weapons on the wall and the ships went from expert marksmanship to the aim of NPCs from FF

Yes, their aim turned into Stormtrooper quality. lol

Funny that Dany didn't do this the first time she encountered the fleet since the circumstances were the same: a fleet, the weapons, the dragon... I suppose in the first encounter the wind didn't feel right or she was too "shocked" to put into action the elaborate plan she put in tonight's episode of making the dragon do dragon stuff.