By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Griefs : do you hate it when...

kirby007 said:

I dont mind you reacting to reports but those users could have infered what i meant by not only reading, but also thinking about it.

Well, I also read it, and I thought about it. And I was unsure of what you meant.
This was my thought process:

I first read "You get a patch that is around 5gb and you have 60gb of free space but your game is bigger you still need to delete shit?"

I believe you meant to say "and you still need", or "so you still need", but you didn't tell us the size of the game, or whether it's bigger than the patch, or the amount of free space.
So it looked like you were in a rush when you typed it up.

You followed it up with "Will add more when i feel like it this is just grinding my gears right now", which could mean that you will add more to the description (grammar, punctuation, relevant information like game file size, etc.)

Then I read this:

Edit : titles are clickbaity

I was directed here due to reports about your thread title. So I wasn't sure if you were referring to your own thread title there, after perhaps an exchange with another member. I've never heard anyone use that term to describe something you don't 'click' on (someone else in this thread commented that they don't understand your edits), so that in combination with the other things made me unsure if this was about things people hate about gaming in general, or something you hate about install files, and you ask other people if they agree.

Due to your second and third edits though, there should be no more confusion about what your thread is about.
You could change "Will add more" to "Will add more examples" if you want, to make sure.

kirby007 said:

Regarding the main issue discussed, even minor updates need that much space free, honestly i would be fine with it being showed as reserved but it doesnt even do that

Well, I think it has to do with some of that free space being reserved for something now that I think about it.
I used to have less free space than that on my PS3 (usually around 30-40 GB) and never encountered this.
So that made me think, what sets PS4 apart from PS3 that could be relevant? One of those things could be that PS4 constantly records your gaming sessions. The moment you hit the Share button, your last 30 minutes of gameplay (you can change this amount in the settings) is then saved permanently on the harddrive. Which you can then upload to Youtube from the PS4.

Those video files tend to be several GB. And since it always needs to record your last 30 minutes, as well as saving it to your harddrive permanently when you hit Share, you'll need at least twice that amount.

If you have no interest in the recording function, if you reduce the amount of time it records down to the lowest possible duration (not sure if that's 0 minutes) then this could possibly alleviate this issue for you.
But there's probably something else contributing to this as well. Possibly OS updates, but I can't be sure of that. Though the size of your game file may not matter, at least.

Last edited by Hiku - on 15 April 2019

Around the Network

@Hiku: I did not know the PS4 was always recording even when the Share button isn't used. I've never really used the button much myself. In fact, pressing the button causes such a long delay before the menu pops up that "I hate it when I accidentally press the Share button".

If this can be reduced to zero minutes (no recording), I wonder if this would have any noticeable performance benefits (I wouldn't imagine it would make the game run any smoother, but maybe the OS would run better).

RaptorChrist said:
@Hiku: I did not know the PS4 was always recording even when the Share button isn't used. I've never really used the button much myself. In fact, pressing the button causes such a long delay before the menu pops up that "I hate it when I accidentally press the Share button".

If this can be reduced to zero minutes (no recording), I wonder if this would have any noticeable performance benefits (I wouldn't imagine it would make the game run any smoother, but maybe the OS would run better).

I just checked, and the lowest you can set it to is 30 seconds. (Highest is 1 hour)

I didn't like the default setting of the Share button either, so I changed it to:
Screenshot = Press
Save clip = Hold

I take screenshots more often than save clips, and I accidentally saved clips some times when I only had to press the share button to do that.

Yes updated to comply with people pampering.
Faith in humanity -1

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Give the guy a break, man. This game is silly and my faith in humanity is definitely more than -1 based upon the perpetual shenanigans that keep being replayed over and over again for some silly power trip. Does it excite you to be the troublemaker of the site?

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Give the guy a break, man. This game is silly and my faith in humanity is definitely more than -1 based upon the perpetual shenanigans that keep being replayed over and over again for some silly power trip. Does it excite you to be the troublemaker of the site?

Yes because i did it on purpose and i didnt get a single serious reply before shit started going offtopic due to me. Thanks for the feedback, i value it. If you wanna complain somemore about me being a jerk, troublemaker and what not please do it on my wall

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

John2290 said:
I have no idea what this thread is any more but I'll just state that I hate everything and I hate that I hate everything.

Everything's been changed so many times it's lost all meaning. Jimminy jilikers! I wanted to talk about how I get angry when I have to take too many craps. Now it's about gaming......?

Chinese food for breakfast

I concentrate on one game at a time, and when I'm done with it, I delete all game data and move on to the next game. So I've never had this issue. But I guess it would suck.

I don't have this type of problem. Have a 3TB HDD, with over 100 games there. But when I had only the internal HDD I just deleted games I weren't going to play again. And I usually only play 1 game at a time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994