By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hajime Tabata and JP Games announce Paralympic sports RPG The Pegasus Dream Tour

Hajime Tabata studio JP Games announces Paralympic sports RPG The Pegasus Dream Tour
posted on 04.12.19 at 01:11 AM EDT by Sal Romano (@salromano)
Due out worldwide in 2020.

JP Games, the studio established by Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata, has announced The Pegasus Dream Tour, the first official video game of the International Paralympic Committee. It is being created under the concept of “taking RPG to the next level and creating an abundant future with games,” and will launch worldwide in 2020 for “various platforms, including smartphones.”

The game is being created with the aim of boosting the popularity of Paralympic sports with the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games opening in 500 days’ time.

Here is an overview of the game, via JP Games:

The Pegasus Dream Tour, which marks the first title to be released by JP Games, is a completely new sports role-playing game, where players participate in a virtual Paralympic Games that takes place inside a fantasy metropolis known as Pegasus City. Here, players awaken their special abilities or “Xtra Power,” in an alternate Paralympics world dynamically rendered in ways that only video games can achieve. The makers are planning for the “Pegasus Dream Tour” to be accessible on various platforms, including smartphones.

“Ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics, we are eager to explore innovative ways to engage with new and younger global audiences,” International Paralympics Committee president Andrew Parsons said in a press release. “We believe this game will help boost interest in the Paralympic Games and make it easier for people all over the world to enjoy and experience the heated atmosphere, passion and excitement of the event.”

Parsons added, “The sport at the Paralympics is outstanding and helps transform attitudes towards persons with disabilities like no other event. I am really excited to see and play this game and see how the outstanding abilities of Para athletes are represented.”

Hajime Tabata commented, “This is not just an ordinary video game about sports. JP Games is going to represent fully the wonders that are unique to Paralympic sports in this brand-new role-playing game—a genre we excel in. With this video game, we want to contribute to the future growth of the Paralympic Games, not just as a sporting event, but as entertainment as well, with contents that we hope will have lasting value in the future.”

Visit the official website here.

Read More

Around the Network

being on smartphones I'm not interested.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Im interested because I admire Tabata's determination to push the JRPG genre. Most JRPG's are still being designed like they were on PS2.

Guys, the Olympics are being held in Japan. Not strange at all. Namco Bandai, and SEGA also have their own Olympic titles. SEGA has 4 coming.

Sounds extremely underwhelming

Around the Network

Considering they have wings, aren't they a lot more abled than people like me? I feel discriminated.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm interested to see how this will play out.

I wonder how this will play out, but am I the only one getting a Tokyo Mirage Session vibe from the concept art ?

I'm confused.Why not make it an actual paralympics game? Why the need of making it a fantasy role playing paralympic game?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

RenCutypoison said:
I wonder how this will play out, but am I the only one getting a Tokyo Mirage Session vibe from the concept art ?

No, not the only one