By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2019 NBA Postseason: The Toronto Raptors are NBA Champions!

Very considerate of the voters to let the Warriors save 30 million on Klay Thompson's next contract. Glad somebody is looking out for the little guys.

Around the Network

Yeah, that certainly sucks for Klay. He's playing it off like it's no big deal, but I'm sure he's fuming inside for missing out on that money, especially since I'm 90% certain K.D. is leaving Golden State. A good chunk of that money could've gone to a much bigger contract for Klay. 

Gametime!

Oh dear, Kawhi is getting hot at the right time. Toronto just give him the Jordan treatment, get him the ball and get the hell out of the way!

Giannis is getting a bit exposed in this series tbh….doesn't seem to know what to do with himself beyond recklessly charging into the paint and hoping for the best, regardless of how many bodies are in front of him. Losing control, losing the ball, losing this series.

Around the Network

I have so incredibly little faith in either of these teams to give the Warriors a fight…..

Angelus said:

Giannis is getting a bit exposed in this series tbh….doesn't seem to know what to do with himself beyond recklessly charging into the paint and hoping for the best, regardless of how many bodies are in front of him. Losing control, losing the ball, losing this series.

Agreed. For all of his physical gifts and ability that earns him the nickname "The Greek Freak", it appears he still has a long way to go in the mental department.  Missed way too many free throws for his team's own good and doesn't know who to deal with being double teamed or being severely pressured by the defense in tight spots. The Bucks' offense reminds me a lot of the Heat/Cavs offense when LeBron was there. A physical freak of nature who can't be stopped in transition surrounded by 3-point shooters he can kick it out to. 
This series has shown one thing about Giannis - He's really good, but he's no LeBron James.

After looking like they were dead in the water just 5 days ago, the Raptors completely turned it around and are now 1 game away from going to their first NBA Finals in franchise history! And Game 6 is back in Toronto, they've got all the momentum and all the confidence in their side against the Bucks, who have got just 48 hours to recover their mental toughness, which has to be shattered right now.

Undisputed should be fun to watch tomorrow. I want to hear how Skip Bayless is going to downplay Kawhi's play THIS time.

On a side note, as a Wrestling fan, I cringed when Marv Albert mispronounced Chris Jericho's name during that promotion for AEW.