By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Do You Most Want to See Next from the Resident Evil Franchise?

What Do You Most Want to See Next from the Resident Evil Franchise?

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake 492 42.52%

Resident Evil 4 remake 128 11.06%

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard sequel 67 5.79%

Resident Evil 8 (new setting) 368 31.81%

Resident Evil: Revelations 3 42 3.63%

New spin-off title 20 1.73%

Other 40 3.46%

Total:1,157

Firstly they need to do RE3 remake as it's the last game main RE to get the HD treatment and this needs to be complete.

Then they need to do RE8 bringing it back to the real zombie stuff, none of that RE4 non-zombie garbage.

And please, give us coop feature, even if the 2nd player is a random nobody that doesn't belong with the story. This way all the single players that have complained about the partner's AI in RE5, 6 and Rev2 wont have to worry anymore, while those that have enjoyed the coop with a friend can continue as well. I've yet to hear anybody that didnt enjoy those games when they had a friend to play with.

Around the Network

I would like to see a new game keeping the style of remake 2, slow, scary, puzzle driven, zombies( no plagas please),b movie Hollywood style, third person, and no Texas chainsaw massacre clone nor dead wife silent hill copycat

A Reboot or a timeskip - RE is carrying 20+ years of history and its time for a fresh jump in point. Aren't Chris/Jill/Leon in their 40's now? They did their thing now pass the torch.

I hope Resident Evil 8 will be in VR, cos Resi 7 was amazing :D
I will be happy regardless if they do whether Resi 3 remake, Resi 4 remake, or Resi 8. I know they'll do all these things at some point anyway, knowing that makes me really happy inside XD.

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

Outbreak file 1-2 remake.

After seeing REmake 2, I'm really pining for some Outbreak Remakes, but with full on co-op.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I'm in the majority. I'd kind of like to gang up on the spin-off people.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

1) Resident Evil: Revelations 3 - This is the no-brainer next step to fill the gaps between Resident Evil 6 and 7.

2) Resident Evil 8 - New location and setting, but please start tying up some of the lose ends and make it connected to the overall narrative of the series.

3) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake - The RE2 remake was brilliant and we need Nemesis done in the same vein. Hopefully next gen with advanced A.I., destructible environments, and a large Raccoon City to explore. RE semi-open world.

I'll take a CVX remake as well xD

Xxain said:
A Reboot or a timeskip - RE is carrying 20+ years of history and its time for a fresh jump in point. Aren't Chris/Jill/Leon in their 40's now? They did their thing now pass the torch.

Capcom has already tried passing the torch to a younger generation and a large chunk of the fanbase did not accept it. Jake and Sherry were not very well received. Moira and Natalia received generally positive reception. Ethan and Mia were well received but did not have interesting character traits or connections that the other 4 had.

RE8 would be nice. I would like RE3 Remake, but only if they make the appearance of Nemesis less frequent.

Man, I hate the CO-OP titles cause I have no friends. I played the demo on 5 and then never even bothered playing the whole thing because I hated it so much. I'm thinking about buying the remastered versions of 5 and 6 and just putting it on the easiest mode so I can get the story, but is it even that great?

Loved 7, but I can understand people wanting 3rd person back.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
Man, I hate the CO-OP titles cause I have no friends. I played the demo on 5 and then never even bothered playing the whole thing because I hated it so much. I'm thinking about buying the remastered versions of 5 and 6 and just putting it on the easiest mode so I can get the story, but is it even that great?

Loved 7, but I can understand people wanting 3rd person back.

They are absolutely fantastic. While they both had potentially the best campaign based co-op experience around. They are both just as enjoyable solo. I would argue that the games are best played solo first, then co-op second. I very much recommend playing them.

Resident Evil 5 is easily one of the best games in the series in terms of gameplay. It's very fluid and well paced. If you liked RE4, then you should like this game as well. It did take a lot of development sacrifices to force the co-op element. However the gameplay is just as fun solo and the game is a thrill ride. It just doesn't have the horror elements of most of the other games of the series, and if you're a long time fan of the series the ending is very disappointing. Other than that it's a must play for any gamer, fan or not of the series. It's great.

Resident Evil 6 is a bit of a wild card. Some segments can be redundant and repetitive as you play 4 different stories that intersect with each other (I recommend playing them in select order). Still very enjoyable on your own and the game can be described as a great video game, but not inherently a good Resident Evil game. It's very much the Fast and the Furious of the series and is more or less a Michael Bay style romp. Very action packed but it has a lot memorable moments. I personally was a huge fan of Chris's campaign and it's emotional moments. The story is a bit of an issue as it constantly swings back in forth from being very good, to absolutely ridiculous and just bad. It's still a very solid gaming experience if you don't mind a lot of cut scenes and a horrible forced tutorial segment that is a real slog at the beginning of the game and a bit of an early turn off. Keep with it and there's a lot of fun to be had with this one.

I also highly, highly recommend Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2. The first game is a lot of fun and is a good balance between 3rd person perspective, action, and horror. Where's the second game probably has the best story in the series. It does have a direct tie in with RE5 and 6 so you will need to have played those games to know everything that's going on as the narrative heavily draws from the whole series as a whole back to RE1. It's filled with humor and some of the darkest moments in the series, and you finally get to play as Barry Burton.

I'm a bit of a Resident Evil fan boy, but I can't recommend the series enough. Don't play them on easy either. I would recommend medium difficulty, which is quite balanced. Not too hard, but not too easy either. Quite a comfortable difficulty setting.