By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SpokenTruth said:
I dislike Trump as much as the next progressive but can we pull back the name calling and such?

I was thinking the opposite.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
zorg1000 said:

I was thinking the opposite.

As in... you like trump but want more name calling?

Please tell me that's not some fetish you have. Trump BDSM? :O

Damn, I was hoping nobody would find out.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Still waiting for his executive order on Twitter lol. What's funny is he is claiming censorship when all they did was fact check his false claims of voter fraud by mail in ballots. Censorship would be deleting his stupid posts not fact checking.

Oh sorry about my behavior yesterday I was drunk as shit and rambling. I wasn't too bad but I could have behaved better. Basically when I look back on my drunk posts I am kind of reminded about Trump's twitter ramblings. Supposedly he doesn't drink but maybe he is hopped up on Adderall. That would explain him barely sleeping and tweeting at 3 am.  Plus he does sniff a lot so I'm thinking he snorts it.

sundin13 said:
SpokenTruth said:

It's two-fold.

1). Distraction. Exactly as you said.

2). To appear tough.  Similarly, it's red meat for his base that already thinks Twitter is part of the Deep State

I feel like doing things that nobody but diehard Trumpers support is a losing strategy... Trump seems to be polling pretty poorly with some demographics when compared to 2016 (for example, Biden is heavily favored among voters who don't like either candidate, while Trump was in 2016), and I don't think this type of thing does anything to help.

It's the only tool in his arsenal. Trump has always relied on his lies and disingenuous comments but it only works once.  Trump doesn't have another gameplan or strategy, this is all he knows how to do.

On the conspiracy front, the 2 that is blowing up on some of my friends accounts is that CORVID-19 App people are saying is spyware from the government and a chip being put into a vaccine. I had to ask one friend why he believed the CIA/NSA or any government agency would be so stupid to put a spyware within an official government app. The chances of someone being able to expose the app is high and if found would cause bloody hell. I stated those agencies have been doing this stuff for decades, if anything they would create a virus or something that could not link them to the government but definitely not an app with their name on it.

The same thing goes for the vaccine. Why would the government put a chip in a vaccine for someone to grab it and expose it contents. Something like that would be way to easy and I highly doubt any of those agency if they wanted to spy on you would use something so easy to expose and link to the government. Its almost as if those conspiracy theories are thrown out there to make people concentrate on garbage while any true spyware goes undercover.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
On the conspiracy front, the 2 that is blowing up on some of my friends accounts is that CORVID-19 App people are saying is spyware from the government and a chip being put into a vaccine. I had to ask one friend why he believed the CIA/NSA or any government agency would be so stupid to put a spyware within an official government app. The chances of someone being able to expose the app is high and if found would cause bloody hell. I stated those agencies have been doing this stuff for decades, if anything they would create a virus or something that could not link them to the government but definitely not an app with their name on it.

The same thing goes for the vaccine. Why would the government put a chip in a vaccine for someone to grab it and expose it contents. Something like that would be way to easy and I highly doubt any of those agency if they wanted to spy on you would use something so easy to expose and link to the government. Its almost as if those conspiracy theories are thrown out there to make people concentrate on garbage while any true spyware goes undercover.

Microchipping has always been seen as the "mark of the beast" by the fundies. I even remember, when I was about 10 years old, I was friends with a girl who came from a religious family, and she told me that her grandmother had told her that the government was going to start microchipping people for the AntiChrist. I'm 42 now, so that was over 30 years ago.

Bill Gates is the subject of a lot of these conspiracy theories lately. He's advocated for birth control access, so the right wing has naturally mutated that into accusing him of wanting to commit outright genocide. Gates is who I usually see as the mastermind behind the "vaccine microchips." Anytime contact tracing is mentioned it also turns into another Bill Gates conspiracy. He's replaced George Soros as the boogeyman for the right. 

One thing that's always amazed me about the right is that they hate every part of the government except the two parts of the government that have the authorization and the equipment to kill people for not doing what the government tells them to do, namely law enforcement and the military. 

sethnintendo said:

Still waiting for his executive order on Twitter lol. What's funny is he is claiming censorship when all they did was fact check his false claims of voter fraud by mail in ballots. Censorship would be deleting his stupid posts not fact checking.

Oh sorry about my behavior yesterday I was drunk as shit and rambling. I wasn't too bad but I could have behaved better. Basically when I look back on my drunk posts I am kind of reminded about Trump's twitter ramblings. Supposedly he doesn't drink but maybe he is hopped up on Adderall. That would explain him barely sleeping and tweeting at 3 am.  Plus he does sniff a lot so I'm thinking he snorts it.

The XO he's apparently considering signing would be an attempt to override clauses in the Communications Decency Act of 1996 which makes them not liable for content their users post on their platforms, since they can't really control what gets posted on their platforms without deleting posts and banning users, which means he's hoping that Dorsey will buckle under the threat of being sued by every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there because somebody hurt their feelings on Twitter. Ironically, it would actually mean more censorship, since Twitter and Facebook would start scrubbing their platforms of anything but the most innocuous content. Social media would be nothing but cat pictures. 

It's a blatantly retaliatory act which shouldn't be allowed of the president, but Mitch McConnell can always be counted on to roll over submissively for Trump.

SpokenTruth said:
Jumpin said:

So, looks like the US really is moving toward totalitarianism with President DoTard Bitchtits making an executive order to take control of social media.

This is why you NEVER elect a demagogue. That's the stupidest thing an electorate can do.

Any EO taking over a private company would be immediately challenged by the courts.  It would be DOA and really look bad for him come November.

He's apparently thinking of stripping them of their protections from liability for user-generated content under the Communications Decency Act of 1996. His thinking is that they'll get scared by the specter of getting bankrupted by lawsuits from angry social media users, fall into line, and obey him.

SanAndreasX said:
sethnintendo said:

The XO he's apparently considering signing would be an attempt to override clauses in the Communications Decency Act of 1996 which makes them not liable for content their users post on their platforms, since they can't really control what gets posted on their platforms without deleting posts and banning users, which means he's hoping that Dorsey will buckle under the threat of being sued by every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there because somebody hurt their feelings on Twitter. Ironically, it would actually mean more censorship, since Twitter and Facebook would start scrubbing their platforms of anything but the most innocuous content. Social media would be nothing but cat pictures. 

It's a blatantly retaliatory act which shouldn't be allowed of the president, but Mitch McConnell can always be counted on to roll over submissively for Trump.

Yea he would actually be censoring himself since he posts pretty bad stuff.  Like recently when he retweeted and tweeted about Joe Scarborough conspiracy about him supposedly having something to do with the death of a former intern that he was supposedly having an affair with.  He didn't accuse Joe directly but he might as well.  Dorsey still didn't take down the post even after the husband wrote him a letter begging him to remove it. 

Don't even get me started on Zuckerberg...

“You know, I just believe strongly that Facebook shouldn’t be the arbiter of truth of everything that people say online,” he continued. “I think, in general, private companies probably shouldn’t be — or especially these platform companies — shouldn’t be in the position of doing that.”

Zuck the Fuck.  Doesn't facebook flag some posts that are far out conspiracies?  I have no clue because I quit facebook back around 2011.  He has no say in this matter considering he profits off the messes facebook causes especially in 2016 with targeted ads and bullshit groups running disinformation.

CaptainExplosion said:
sundin13 said:

An investigation is currently ongoing by the FBI and state law enforcement. It's a bit too early to be talking about what they got in the past tense.

What's worse is that, had Goerge Floyd been a white man, the officers involved in his death would've been locked up.

How much longer is America gonna run on this double standard in favor of white people?

Had George Floyd been a white man, his death would be getting very little press or attention, if any. I doubt Lebron James or Colin Kaepernick would give two flying shits about him.

Hey! If you can run on baseless speculation, why can't I?