By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:
SpokenTruth said:

This pisses me off to no end.

People are going to die but hey, won't someone please think about billion dollar corporation's profits?

These slime need to be locked up for the rest of their white privilege lives, especially that Nazi loving turtle cockroach McConnell. If he gets the virus next I won't pity him, not even if it's fatal.

Hey Captain, have you donated towards causes dedicated to combating this virus?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
CaptainExplosion said:

These slime need to be locked up for the rest of their white privilege lives, especially that Nazi loving turtle cockroach McConnell. If he gets the virus next I won't pity him, not even if it's fatal.

Yes, we all have. It's called 'taxes'. Your government is SUPPOSED to be spending that tax money with your best interests in mind. They have not been.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
KLAMarine said:

Yes, we all have. It's called 'taxes'. Your government is SUPPOSED to be spending that tax money with your best interests in mind. They have not been.

Not everyone pays taxes.

the-pi-guy said:
KLAMarine said:

Not relevant. 

KLAMarine said:

Not everyone pays taxes.

Everyone pays some tax.  Sales tax gets placed on everyone.  

The people not paying income taxes aren't the ones who can easily afford to pay to a charity or organization. 

"The people not paying income taxes aren't the ones who can easily afford to pay to a charity or organization."

>I know someone who doesn't pay income tax, they get paid under the table and quite well at that. If not for his acts of charity, I'd have reported him long ago...

SpokenTruth said:
KLAMarine said:

"The people not paying income taxes aren't the ones who can easily afford to pay to a charity or organization."

>I know someone who doesn't pay income tax, they get paid under the table and quite well at that. If not for his acts of charity, I'd have reported him long ago...

Uh, if you're going to report anyone, report the company that is breaking the law by not doing payroll taxes.  You should also advise the non-tax payer to set up an ITIN.  Even if he is an illegal immigrant, this is a legal way to pay taxes on earnings and it is firewalled from ICE.

Good idea. I'll take it into consideration...

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Runa216 said:

Not everyone pays taxes.

yes. yes they do, one way or another. All but natives, and really, they shouldn't. Income tax, property tax, sales tax, one way or another everyone's paying tax. 

Stop being disingenuous about the issue. the point still stands and your taxes are supposed to go to making the country better; that includes researching infectious diseases and preparing the population to deal with it. Seriously, stop trying to misrepresent the issue. you're wrong, your stance is bad, and you're making things worse with your discourse. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

CaptainExplosion said:

I could donate to help fight the virus, but I doubt anything I give will actually be used for it's intended purpose, especially if the donation was made to a charity based in the US.

You could buy medical supplies and hand them out at the airport. There's an idea.

Runa216 said:
KLAMarine said:

Not everyone pays taxes.

yes. yes they do, one way or another. All but natives, and really, they shouldn't. Income tax, property tax, sales tax, one way or another everyone's paying tax. 

Stop being disingenuous about the issue. the point still stands and your taxes are supposed to go to making the country better; that includes researching infectious diseases and preparing the population to deal with it. Seriously, stop trying to misrepresent the issue. you're wrong, your stance is bad, and you're making things worse with your discourse. 

"All but natives"

>In other words, not everyone pays taxes? Do the homeless pay taxes? Is their income taxed?

CaptainExplosion said:
KLAMarine said:

You could buy medical supplies and hand them out at the airport. There's an idea.

Sure, at an airport that I live several hours away from.

When it's life or death, you gotta do what you can. Don't put profits over people.

Biden and Trump both say untrue things on a regular basis. Can you imagine, now that Biden has wrapped the primary nomination up, what the debate will be like between these two? All the lies, exaggerations, and fumbles all on live TV.

Will Biden smell Trump's hair?
Will Trump threaten to lock up Biden's son?
How many mistruths will be told on the debate stages?

Gonna be a wild ride until November and then if Trump wins the Democrats will push for impeachment for another four years.

CaptainExplosion said:
KLAMarine said:

When it's life or death, you gotta do what you can. Don't put profits over people.

It's not about the money, it's about transportation. I don't have my own vehicle, and mom needs it most of the time.

Yes I live with my mom, go ahead and say "Hurr hurr, lewser lives with hez mawm!!". I have financial reasons to still live with my parents.

Buy a car then. Then drive to the airport with medical supplies.