By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Apologies everyone, I feel I should do a bit of explaining: the-pi-guy implied Trump was a hypocrite for going golfing when he himself got on Obama's case for going golfing at some point in time. I want to make the point that Trump, in his tweet criticizing Obama for golfing, mentions that the US was facing "problems and difficulties" therefore making it inappropriate for Obama to go golfing.

At the risk of being wrong, I assume the image below is of Trump after becoming president, a golf club in his hands. I also assume the tweet is his and that I'm understanding his point fine. On the surface, it may seem hypocritical for him to go golfing but Trump could easily argue that now that the "problems and difficulties" are gone with him as president, it's okay for Trump to go golfing.

Of course, this could bring up a fair share of other questions but I'll leave it there for now...

And it was a bit of sarcasm on my part: what does it mean for the US to be "great again"? Does it mean a good economy, a more conservative agenda, or simply a Trump in the White House? Dunno, ask different people, you'll get different answers.

Very good sundin, skepticism is healthy though I advise you put the questions to me next time if you ever have any regarding anything I post. Who better to answer them?

the-pi-guy said:

KLAMarine said:

Republican Party is generally for smaller government so there you go. *shrugs*

They also seem to be for:

-hypocrisy

-corruption by allowing the president to profit from the taxpayer's.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
KLAMarine said:

But Trump wasn't in office then. Now that President Trump is President, it's doing great again!

You keep saying "again".  As if it wasn't doing great prior to.

Pemalite said:
SpokenTruth said:

You keep saying "again".  As if it wasn't doing great prior to.

He is being sarcastic.

sundin13 said:
Pemalite said:

He is being sarcastic.

Is he? I can't make assumptions. Unless he specifically says that it was sarcasm, I cannot make any logical inferences that it was.

I am a skeptic.

SpokenTruth said:
Pemalite said:

He is being sarcastic.

It's so hard to tell with Trump supporters sometimes.

sundin13 said:

Is he? I can't make assumptions. Unless he specifically says that it was sarcasm, I cannot make any logical inferences that it was.

I am a skeptic.

Oh...oh my.  That was brutal but so warranted.

Please note my response below.

KLAMarine said:

Apologies everyone, I feel I should do a bit of explaining: the-pi-guy implied Trump was a hypocrite for going golfing when he himself got on Obama's case for going golfing at some point in time. I want to make the point that Trump, in his tweet criticizing Obama for golfing, mentions that the US was facing "problems and difficulties" therefore making it inappropriate for Obama to go golfing.

At the risk of being wrong, I assume the image below is of Trump after becoming president, a golf club in his hands. I also assume the tweet is his and that I'm understanding his point fine. On the surface, it may seem hypocritical for him to go golfing but Trump could easily argue that now that the "problems and difficulties" are gone with him as president, it's okay for Trump to go golfing.

Of course, this could bring up a fair share of other questions but I'll leave it there for now...

And it was a bit of sarcasm on my part: what does it mean for the US to be "great again"? Does it mean a good economy, a more conservative agenda, or simply a Trump in the White House? Dunno, ask different people, you'll get different answers.

Very good sundin, skepticism is healthy though I advise you put the questions to me next time if you ever have any regarding anything I post. Who better to answer them?

the-pi-guy said:

They also seem to be for:

-hypocrisy

-corruption by allowing the president to profit from the taxpayer's.

KLAMarine said:
Machiavellian said:

Or maybe it doesn't but the President sucks since he is 70+ years old.  Who knows, who cares, we can what if until our eyes hurt.  Maybe it would have been best to have left Obama out of it totally but that didn't happen either.

"it would have been best to have left Obama out of it totally but that didn't happen either."

>In the large and wide realm of political attacks, this perhaps stands as the most damning: Obama (or his administration) had an A/C that sucks installed.

How will Obama's (or his administration's) legacy ever recover?

Who knows, maybe Obama had the toilets changed so that will be next topic of discussion.

vivster said:
Machiavellian said:

Or he is just making another dumb excuse to travel to another one of his properties instead of doing his JOB in the White House.  At the end of the day, Trump is the king of excuses and blaming others so nothing new here.  Since you can never believe a word coming from his mouth, it really doesn't matter what he says.

Quite bold to assume that Trump would actually need to be inside of an office to do whatever he has done during his presidency. Not doing a job inside the White House IS his job and the exact reason people voted for him.

True, I actually do not believe he does anything besides eat cheeseburgers and play golf but that's just me.  I really do not care if he spends all his time at one of his properties since I believe his level of effort would be about the same.  Then again we probably will be seeing people posting how Trump gives his paycheck to certain parts of the government but forget that his security detail spends 3 times that amount in cost keeping him safe outside the white house.

So the games are heating up as the Dems feel Mitch is vulnerable with the whole Moscow Mitch and of course Trump with the 4 horseman, Rats infested Baltimore, man the sales pitch for 2020 are getting interesting. I just bought this bag of salt and vinegar popcorn which I cannot wait to get into.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
KLAMarine said:

"it would have been best to have left Obama out of it totally but that didn't happen either."

>In the large and wide realm of political attacks, this perhaps stands as the most damning: Obama (or his administration) had an A/C that sucks installed.

How will Obama's (or his administration's) legacy ever recover?

Who knows, maybe Obama had the toilets changed so that will be next topic of discussion.

*shrugs* In politics, it could be.

Machiavellian said:
vivster said:

Quite bold to assume that Trump would actually need to be inside of an office to do whatever he has done during his presidency. Not doing a job inside the White House IS his job and the exact reason people voted for him.

True, I actually do not believe he does anything besides eat cheeseburgers and play golf but that's just me.  I really do not care if he spends all his time at one of his properties since I believe his level of effort would be about the same.  Then again we probably will be seeing people posting how Trump gives his paycheck to certain parts of the government but forget that his security detail spends 3 times that amount in cost keeping him safe outside the white house.

We must not spare any expense to ensure our president is safe and secure.

KLAMarine said:
Machiavellian said:

Then he should stay his butt in the white house for the majority of his stay in office either that or keep his mouth shut about other Presidents and how they spent their time.

Machiavellian said:
KLAMarine said:

Then he should stay his butt in the white house for the majority of his stay in office either that or keep his mouth shut about other Presidents and how they spent their time.

Why shouldn't the president share any complaints he may have?

KLAMarine said:
Machiavellian said:

Why shouldn't the president share any complaints he may have?

Just like anyone deciding to make their opinion public, they should always be retrospective of what they say or it can be used against them.