By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Open Europe League Discussion

Hi, it is me, Just_Ben. Created this account so I can write a bot that does Leagues for Nintendo games automaticly (Not even started yet).

But we could discuss rules for the planned Mario Kart open Europe League!

This is just the first shot, so any idea is welcome!

Rules:

1. The League is open to everyone with a VGC account.

2. Every driver and Kart/Bike is allowed!

3. Racing for the League is 2 times a week, every tuesday and thursday starting at 21:00 Germany Time.

4. If there are enough players, we seperate the league in 1 League, 2 League, etc.

5. On every racing day there will be played two GP one at 21:00 and one at 21:30

6. For the result of every GP players get points reverse to their place. So if 10 people join up, the first get 10 points, the second 9 the last 1. If only 5 people join up, the first get 5 points.

7. For every racing day, the official "hoster" gets announced, only official races get counted.

I am sure I missed some points, but well, lets discuss :) 

Around the Network

Great work!
I don't really understand the "bot" part and why you need a seperate account for that, but i'm a real noob in computer stuff.

Tuesdays and Thusdays are ok. any plans on weekend activity?

To have an honest ranking we should divide the total amount of points by the times you raced (otherwise joining all races will mean high score, but not necessarily best driver), but we should also have a minimum amount of races raced to be included, otherwise it would mean someone could just win 1 race and be on top.
Anyone with good ideas on the rankings?

My idea: divide the total amount of points by 0.5 x #races, with a minimum of 20% races joined, so it is beneficial to compete a lot, but still is fair for good racers that don't compete that often.

Are we going to drive full GP's or VS matches?

Can we disable some items, to benefit racing skills? I'd like to disable squids and pow blocks if that's possible.

I´m in

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

I have a suggestion for 8th rule: RolStoppable is banned from the league.

I could join in, if i manage to make time for it.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Count me in.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:

Lol, there will be always someone who is better than you ;)

We do have a match tonight, right?
Official as well?

I am not entirely sure, but it could be you have to register your Mii name somewhere, basically. I will see.

Rol however will host a game tonight however, look here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=23350&start=50

Normaly it should be no problem to count those, but please make sure you write down the places of the GB (Mii names in order).

I don't know how much time I have this week, but lets hope I get that bot in basic mode up and running soon.

Nevermind. ;)

Just_Ben said:
bdbdbd said:

Lol, there will be always someone who is better than you ;)

Well yes, but it's no fun if the 30 second time limit closes before second finishes. Besides, i have lead Rol in those about ten games i've played with him for once for about 2 seconds, so i hardly would call him better than me. Actually i don't have a problem about someone being better, i'm not that serious competetive person.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.