By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry : Google Stadia Specs Analysis + Exclusive Performance Testing

Are cloud gaming the future of gaming ?

Yes 16 30.19%

No 19 35.85%

Somehow 11 20.75%

Not Quite 7 13.21%

Total:53

It is the future no doubt about it. It happened to news media, It happened to music, it happened to movies, it's inevitable for gaming. And sure, newspapers still exist, physical audio and video still exist, physical games and gaming hardware will also continue to exist. The majority will be streaming games. Mobile gaming has already overtaken all other forms combined in revenue. It's the biggest market and streaming games is aiming right for it.

I hope PSVR2 still gets to see the light of day with ps5 before streaming takes over.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:

According to the quartering, the service will be like steam: you need to buy a game and you will able stream it as long as you are alive. Google Stadia exists.

FTFY

potato_hamster said:
CuCabeludo said:

According to the quartering, the service will be like steam: you need to buy a game and you will able stream it as long as you are alive. Google Stadia exists.

FTFY

Do you think google can't operate it for years with loss? Spotify is operating with loss since launch, and only now is starting to break even. Google won't mind support it with loss until it eventually wins the public in the future due to tech improvement and convenience.

CuCabeludo said:
potato_hamster said:

FTFY

Do you think google can't operate it for years with loss? Spotify is operating with loss since launch, and only now is starting to break even. Google won't mind support it with loss until it eventually wins the public in the future due to tech improvement and convenience.

Who said anything about it being a loss?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/8/17951890/google-plus-shut-down-security-api-change-gmail-android

I got an email from google telling me to take all of my pictures, video, media etc that I wanted to keep off of Google + because after it shut down it wont be accessible.

How about how Google is already curtailing their plans on Google Fiber?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/7/18215743/google-fiber-leaving-louisville-service-ending

There are numerous instances of Google pulling the plug on projects that didn't succeed the way Google wanted them to. I don't see any reason why google would keep this on life support if it gains as much traction as google + did.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 21 March 2019