By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Company?

Who's hardware do you most want to buy for gaming if they enter the hardware race?

Apple 1 2.08%

Nintendo 23 47.92%

Microsoft 1 2.08%

Sony 20 41.67%

Google 3 6.25%

Total:48

Ok, so with GDC right around the corner and Google seemingly poised to enter the gaming hardware race in a big way, which company would you prefer to buy gaming hardware in the future from? I'm throwing Apple into this because I think it would be crazy for them not to join if Google and Microsoft are having at it.

Obviously Apple and Google don't have the exclusive advantage like the Big 3 do, but they would get exclusives no doubt plus they have the benefit of having devices that can easily interact with phones and smart home devices. This is flash polling, whatever your gut tells you!

Around the Network

I don't trust Google or Apple farther than I can throw them. I'll probably always be Nintendo first for their exclusives, then PC or PS4 as I can afford them for their exclusives and PC's specs. If Microsoft branches out Game Pass onto Switch, I'll get it there. The two supposed newcomers can fuck off.

Apple tried a gaming console before and ummm...yeah...

most will vote for nintendo because theres like 90% nintendo fans on this site and the rest are sony and microsoft fans. if i can only choose one hardware it would be the playstation

HylianSwordsman said:
I don't trust Google or Apple farther than I can throw them. I'll probably always be Nintendo first for their exclusives, then PC or PS4 as I can afford them for their exclusives and PC's specs. If Microsoft branches out Game Pass onto Switch, I'll get it there. The two supposed newcomers can fuck off.

Same here.

Btw, Apple ain't exactly a newcomer to the console market. They made one before - one of their biggest flops that is!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Pippin

Also, is it just me, or did Sony copy the controller design when they announced that boomerang controller for the PS3 pre-launch?

Around the Network

Way to embedded in Nintendo and Sony's eco-system at this point. No interest  whatsoever in Apple or Google

Last edited by melbye - on 13 March 2019

Mostly Intel and Asus, thank you.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Where are Sega and Atari? T_T

JimmyFantasy said:

I thought about including, but those companies simply don't have the money to compete with these multi billion revenue companies.

JimmyFantasy said:

Yeah, I would definitely vote for Atari if I could. Atari VCS will have destroyed all competition by the end of the year.